Coronavirus

Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

Orange Cola wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:59 pm
Broccers wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:43 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:37 pm

You’ll enjoy getting knocked off your feet when you’re in the way of a copper wanting to get to the bar after a long shift with all that’s going on :lol:
Doubt it.
Well you’ll only have yourself to blame by being in the way.
LOL yes altho not many coppers drink in pubs full of football hooligans ;) Their plan on reopening sounds like you are given a seat and the staff bring you beer. No standing or ordering at the bar. Doesnt sound much fun. It will be interesting to see how that works when as you describe everyone is spannered.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ascender wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:12 am
unzippy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:09 am
Ascender wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:14 am We just finished the second series of What We Do In The Shadows. Absolutely brilliant.

Watched the first 2 last night, it's the bloke who owns the voice from the Money Super Market ad on Radio X.
Enjoyed them but thought it was missing the Kiwi accents, we'll keep going.
That's possibly Matt Berry's best known role.
Surely Douglas Renholm I'd say?

Toast and Year of the Rabbit also great, the latter mainly because of Berry.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:40 am
Ascender wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:12 am
unzippy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:09 am

Watched the first 2 last night, it's the bloke who owns the voice from the Money Super Market ad on Radio X.
Enjoyed them but thought it was missing the Kiwi accents, we'll keep going.
That's possibly Matt Berry's best known role.
Surely Douglas Renholm I'd say?

Toast and Year of the Rabbit also great, the latter mainly because of Berry.
I obviously forgot to engage sarcastic mode in the post.

Garth Merenghi, Toast of London and What We Do In The Shadows are peak Matt Berry I think, but he does manage to improve pretty much anything with his delivery.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I love Matt Berry in most things but I couldn’t get into Toast.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:25 am I love Matt Berry in most things but I couldn’t get into Toast.
Possibly my favourite scene

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

India, Pakistan and most of South America all seem to be brewing up nicely with their number of cases still climbing rapidly. Brazil's death toll will overtake the uks in the next couple of days.

Iran the only place on a quick scan through that's had a real second wave in cases, their deaths starting to climb again to reflect the lag.

Most of Europe seems to be gaining control, guess we'll have to wait a few weeks and see if the protests / mass gathering over the past few days start to have an effect.
Cheers, Harry
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I guess as well as the risk by the recent relaxing in lockdown and mass gatherings, with our lax approach to quarantine for international arrivals, there's quite a few things which could cause the infection rates to increase again if we have bad luck?
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Everyone is still determined to have a second wave so they can say “I told you so” then!

Whilst I’m sure these protests have not helped one bit, it’s still tiny numbers of people in the grand scheme and I expect people are now “educated” enough to know that you don’t risk it If you’re showing any symptoms whatsoever.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It says more about you than everyone else that you assume that people are watching for a second wave because they want to be smug Rich.
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I guess so, I’m just bored of people continually saying it every time anything happens like they’re some kind of oracle.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I don’t think anyone is saying it in that manner, Rich. I think people begrudge the prospect of this either going on for longer than it really has to or having to endure any more deaths than is necessary. I don’t think anyone is wanting a second wave just to say ‘I told you so’.

Not having a go BTW!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

You both make fair comments!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Some people just want to watch the world burn, which of course they’re entitled to do so 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I'm not hoping for a second wave, I'm just interested in following the figures and seeing what happens.

It's already clear to see that our figures have been far slower to drop than most of our European neighbours who had peaks of a similar level. Either it's something to do with our genetics and general health, or it's because our lockdown measures were less harsh and / or people weren't sticking to the measures put in place as well as other countries.

I realise the numbers protesting were still small compared to the population as a whole, but it's still a lot more people spending time close to others than there would otherwise be, and we saw from how it ramped up in the early days of the outbreak how few cases it takes to start with before it explodes.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You have to remember that this all started with 1300 cases entering the U.K. which then spread to a few percent of the entire population. There’s still no herd immunity and it’s still increasing by 1300 cases per day so I reckon there’s a long way to go.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Today I saw two German and one Italian registered car driving about. Seemed odd, maybe they've been here all lockdown?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve seen them throughout lockdown, not sure if they’re stranded here or they’re somehow crossing.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:40 pm I realise the numbers protesting were still small compared to the population as a whole, but it's still a lot more people spending time close to others than there would otherwise be, and we saw from how it ramped up in the early days of the outbreak how few cases it takes to start with before it explodes.
Didn’t someone show how Cheltenham (I think) horse race that was allowed to go ahead then spread around the country by showing where celebrities had then gone home to ?

I know it’s quite wishy washy but I can completely understand how a group of thousands, shouting and chanting in close proximity can spread a virus much worse than the norm.

Dave!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I'm just interested to see what happens because mass gatherings like Cheltenham were blamed for spikes first time round, but there's various theories out there about why it won't happen again and what's happening to the virus now. Fingers crossed this is the end of it, but I've lost any remaining shred of hope that our government is making right decisions about, well, anything.
Cheers,

Mike.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

No surprise, but the economy is in tatters on the basis of the figures released this morning. Going to be a long road to recovery. :(