Coronavirus

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Rich B »

To give them their dues - it says they’ve nearly fulfilled the contract too supplying 67million pieces of equipment!

That’s not how government contracts are supposed to work - surely they should be going back for more money having found the initial costing was wrong or something!?
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:22 pm The £108m contract for supply of PPE, granted without competitive tender to a 16-employee pest control company in Littlehampton with £18k of assets, has made the news today:
https://www.ft.com/content/43bb10de-645 ... 3978ec445d
https://goodlawproject.org/news/over-100-contracts/
Rich has already spoken. Unless you can *prove* a link to Dominic Raab's actual mum, it's all *completely fine*, nothing to see here.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Nefarious wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:11 pm
Jobbo wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:22 pm The £108m contract for supply of PPE, granted without competitive tender to a 16-employee pest control company in Littlehampton with £18k of assets, has made the news today:
Rich has already spoken. Unless you can *prove* a link to Dominic Raab's actual mum, it's all *completely fine*, nothing to see here.
You are correct in that this one also doesn’t fit your little wanky sensationalist list!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sorry, awarding a contract for protective equipment for hospitals worth £108m to a tiny pest control company doesn't ring alarm bells? FFS, Rich :lol:

Fortunately, it rang enough bells with enough people that it's being challenged in court. The lockdown was absolutely not a cronies' charter for mates of the government to milk nepotistic opportunities without scrutiny.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 pm
You are correct in that this one also doesn’t fit your little wanky sensationalist list!
The "wanky sensationalist list" of contracts awarded without tender - what you asked for :roll: .

Not in the mood for your petty shite today. We can wait for the PAC report on this one.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:20 pm Sorry, awarding a contract for protective equipment for hospitals worth £108m to a tiny pest control company doesn't ring alarm bells? FFS, Rich :lol:
Massive alarm bells. It’s clearly wrong.

Unfortunately Nef is conveniently forgetting what he originally posted and now trying to twist it to make it seem like I have claimed any of the cases are ok.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Nefarious wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:21 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 pm

The "wanky sensationalist list" of contracts awarded without tender - what you asked for :roll: .

Not in the mood for your petty shite today. We can wait for the PAC report on this one.
I’ll correct you again if you like? You still don’t seem to remember what you actually said! 😂
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:20 pm
Nefarious wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:55 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:59 pm You keep changing what you think you said - it’s this:

“Why are the government awarding multi-million contracts without tender to companies their own members are shareholders in?”

so theres 3 points to it:

Why are the government awarding:

- multi-million contracts
- without tender
- to companies their own members are shareholders in?

Which ones fit this? Randox has a consultant that is an MP?
Youre chasing a misunderstanding - you asked me for a list of contracts awarded without tender, which is what I gave.
Re. The original statement, see the above concession to the words "high value"
Just scroll up - you’re not even quoting yourself correctly!

“No, I stated in my original post that I have an issue with the widespread practice of dishing out high value contracts to companies with close connections to government without proper tender, of which this is a prime example.

This does seem a slightly strange, nit-picky point (and one largely irrelevant to the issue of awarding a high-value, privicy invading contract to close associates of the current cabinet) to make a stand over.”

I specifically asked for contracts awarded in that way, meaning your examples should be all of these:

- multi-million pound contracts (Faculty ✖️)
- non-tendered (Faculty ✔️ )
- awarded to government members Interest companies (Faculty ✔️)

You then posted a big long impressive list of Other contracts that also don’t fit this Description either (though I invited criticism of one of them if you wanted).
just to remind you. You seem to keep on forgetting one of the points in your statement!
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:24 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 pm You are correct in that this one also doesn’t fit your little wanky sensationalist list!

I’ll correct you again if you like? You still don’t seem to remember what you actually said! 😂
The article Nef linked to referred to contracts to Faculty worth at least £1.6m. That's more than a million, so multi-million is right.

Good of you to miss the entire point he made so spectacularly anyway :lol:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:51 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:24 pm

The article Nef linked to referred to contracts to Faculty worth at least £1.6m. That's more than a million, so multi-million is right.

Good of you to miss the entire point he made so spectacularly anyway :lol:
Yes, 9 separate contracts worth £1.6m, and the article said the latest one of these contracts (£400k) being awarded without tender (so should we assume the others were awarded following a tender?)

”Multimillion pound contracts being awarded to companies with government board members” is not the same as ”one £400k contract was awarded to a company with a government member on the board.”

Of course, neither are acceptable without some scrutiny.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Did they meet the targets given to them ?

Dave!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:00 pm Did they meet the targets given to them ?

Dave!
A question like this has no place in a thread like this Dave! :lol:
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:48 am So can people still try clothes on?

I need some new trainers and shoes, that’s one thing which I don’t like buying online as shoe sizes are brand specific and the fit is very personal.
With your skills demonstrated in the shed thread I have thought you'd hack a tree down and go into clog manufacture. ;)
revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

I’m pressing ahead with my nurburgring trip next week but obviously I have to go through France to get to Germany. I’m staying the first night with a friend in Brussels. What do you think the chances are of French border control in Folkestone telling me to fuck off if I don’t have somewhere firm to quarantine in once entering their country, considering I won’t even be getting out of the car, just passing through to Belgium?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Passing through is fine isn’t it? You might need proof of destination though.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

*deleted*
Last edited by Nefarious on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Politicians acting in a self serving manner - it’s a non shocker really...

No matter what colour their coat, no matter how they go about doing it, they all do eventually...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Our clean slate stopped today. 24 days with 0 cases, now 2 from the UK allowed in to visit a family member who was dying. Contract tracing regime about to be tested to see if the country can still keep the virus out.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:13 pm It’ll be interesting to see what the outcome of this is. Gov to discuss opening pubs on 22nd June instead of the 4th July to help prevent job losses in the sector, conversation happening on Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52964669
Good old Government - this news item is just over a week old and the BBPA issued this yesterday because there has been no decision: https://beerandpub.com/2020/06/15/beer- ... overnment/

I imagine the BBPA represents the smaller brewers and landlords rather than the big players, since they don't need an industry body to have lobbying power.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

KiwiDave wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:35 am Our clean slate stopped today. 24 days with 0 cases, now 2 from the UK allowed in to visit a family member who was dying. Contract tracing regime about to be tested to see if the country can still keep the virus out.
Read about that this morning - the system seemed to work though - they were quarantined, tested etc. they didn't get to see their father before he passed and only travelled to the funeral, alone in a private car - stayed with a single person who's now isolating etc
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…