Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

They're just protesting
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye, we’ll see how many arrests they have by the end of the day 😉

ETA what are they protesting for, keeping systemic racism or protecting statues of genocidal bigots?
An absolute unit
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mam has joined with my sisters household under the new support bubble rules for England, she got to hug her grandkids for the first time since lockdown, happiest I’ve seen her in ages
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:57 pm Aye, we’ll see how many arrests they have by the end of the day 😉

ETA what are they protesting for, keeping systemic racism or protecting statues of genocidal bigots?
Nothing wrong with chanting engerrrlllaannd and chucking bottles, all in a days protesting. England has replaced 'fuck the police' this week.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don’t understand the police tactic of forming human barriers around groups of protestors. Just seems like everyone is trying to stir up shit more than necessary.
How about not having a sig at all?
Marv

Post by Marv »

jamcg wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:08 pm Mam has joined with my sisters household under the new support bubble rules for England, she got to hug her grandkids for the first time since lockdown, happiest I’ve seen her in ages
👍
Oui, je suis un motard.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Marv wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:52 pm
jamcg wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:08 pm Mam has joined with my sisters household under the new support bubble rules for England, she got to hug her grandkids for the first time since lockdown, happiest I’ve seen her in ages
👍
👍👍👍
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

That's great to hear 😃
Cheers,

Mike.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

My Mrs works in a posh furniture shop and they reopen today. They are making appointments for people and have plenty of space so not quite the same. I reckon quite a few people will need new sofas as theyve been say on them for months :lol:

Don't think I'll be rushing out shopping.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So can people still try clothes on?

I need some new trainers and shoes, that’s one thing which I don’t like buying online as shoe sizes are brand specific and the fit is very personal.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

There were some things that we needed to buy that we couldn’t get locally so we went up to the local big retail park on Saturday. Was surprised at how busy it was.

Everything but the Currys in the park was open.
An absolute unit
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:48 am So can people still try clothes on?

I need some new trainers and shoes, that’s one thing which I don’t like buying online as shoe sizes are brand specific and the fit is very personal.
Most shops saying no to trying on clothes, not sure about shoes, best check website of individual retailers if you’re off out
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:48 am I need some new trainers and shoes, that’s one thing which I don’t like buying online as shoe sizes are brand specific and the fit is very personal.
Being older and sensible, buy the exact ones you currently have so you know they will do for now. Life is so easy really ;)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:54 am
Mito Man wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:48 am I need some new trainers and shoes, that’s one thing which I don’t like buying online as shoe sizes are brand specific and the fit is very personal.
Being older and sensible, buy the exact ones you currently have so you know they will do for now. Life is so easy really ;)
Hmm, usually I just buy old stock at the outlet centre so they were probably discontinued 2 years ago :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I don't really blame people for all going down, it's a bit of a hobby for some people. Personally I couldn't be less interested in going to those type of shops, I go every couple of years to replace a few old clothes (usually before holiday). :)

When the pubs open however I might just be one of the people queuing overnight! :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:54 am
That’s my technique for all clothes tbh :lol:
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Nefarious wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:21 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:38 pm
Nefarious wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:21 pm

No, I stated in my original post that I have an issue with the widespread practice of dishing out high value contracts to companies with close connections to government without proper tender, of which this is a prime example.

This does seem a slightly strange, nit-picky point (and one largely irrelevant to the issue of awarding a high-value, privicy invading contract to close associates of the current cabinet) to make a stand over.
well it’s inflammatory isn’t it. The article you quoted referenced one £400k contract that was awarded without tender, but you’re saying there’s multi-million pound contracts Being awarded that way. I’m not saying there isn’t but surely If you’re going to reference one, then reference the others too.
A few of the big ones:
Edenred - £234m
BFS Group and Brake Bros - £208m
Hologic Ltd - £151m
Randox Laboratories Ltd - £133m
Computacenter (UK) Ltd - £60m
Hospital Services Ltd - £35m
Bloc Blinds - £26m
Techniclean Supply - £20m
Amazon - £8m
The £108m contract for supply of PPE, granted without competitive tender to a 16-employee pest control company in Littlehampton with £18k of assets, has made the news today:
https://www.ft.com/content/43bb10de-645 ... 3978ec445d
https://goodlawproject.org/news/over-100-contracts/