Coronavirus

RobYob

Re: Coronavirus

Post by RobYob »

Gwaredd wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:46 am I have to wonder how todays generation would cope with WW2 levels of inconvenience. How many would be up in arms at having to switch our lights out, removing road signs, ration petrol and food. Oh the humanity! What about our human rights, our freedom of speech! The war is a conspiracy designed by the Governments to control us.

Fucking shameful.
Complaining about "The young people of today" carrying on that grand tradition dating back at least three millenia.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

People probably complained just as much, just no social media was there. Heck the oldies still go on about how tough it was.
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Traffic today was at pre-pandemic levels. Quite annoying!

Edit: typing fail...
Last edited by DeskJockey on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:57 pm People probably complained just as much, just no social media was there. Heck the oldies still go on about how tough it was.
Complaining is one thing - hell, we are British after all! Not doing the thing you've been asked to do for the safety of others because it infringes on your right to be a whiny little cunt is another. I bet you didn't get a 45 year old transgender woman refusing to switch her lights out during an air raid because she was knitting herself a penis warmer back then. No, she'd be shot in the face and quite rightly so! Or he. Whatever.

An extreme example I know, but apparently extremism is all the rage these days.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

:lol: Wow.
Simon

Post by Simon »

There is a belief that the spread is largely because of the behaviour of the young and from what I witness when I'm out and about I can believe it.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:37 pm:lol: Wow.
I know. I seem to be filling in for evostick during his absence with range induced posts :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Gwaredd wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:23 pm
I know. I seem to be filling in for evostick during his absence with range induced posts :lol:
:D Let it out, it's what we're here for.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Gwaredd wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:23 pm
Nice bit of random transphobia you threw in there arsehole.

The hilarious part of the whole rant is that if you got a Venn diagram of people who hark back to blitz spirit and people who are throwing tantrums about wearing a mask, it would be a circle.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Nice one pegleg - on the money :D
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Simon wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:19 pm There is a belief that the spread is largely because of the behaviour of the young and from what I witness when I'm out and about I can believe it.
In some areas. In others it seems like it might be a cultural thing. It's too coincidental that the NW lockdown was brought in at such short notice before Eid.

And all that despite the fact that many of those areas now subject to increased restrictions have a lower infection rate than some areas down south, according to some articles...
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:25 pm
Nice bit of random transphobia you threw in there arsehole.
It's not transphobic you fucking fanny, merely a snapshot of the shit that gets bandied about. Shit like that happens ffs!

Can you deny it? Can you?
Cheers.

Gwaredd
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It was absolutely transphobic and completely unnecessary to the point your making.

Deny what? You’ll have to be a bit clearer in your weird ranting.
An absolute unit
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

OK. I'll change the example to Kevin doing a jigsaw in his mum's basement. Better? It shouldn't be. Besides, it wasn't as funny or as inflammatory, and that was the entire point. A vocal minority riding the wave of freedom and rights.

Also, it didn't happen so its moot.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

There is a vocal minority in the country throwing their weight around and making life shit for everyone else but it’s not trans people :lol:
An absolute unit
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Anyway. Everybody knows there were no trans people in WW2, it was invented in the 90's ;)

Read between the lines though, even the ones that may offended you, and the point is valid. This is a shitshow because people can't stop being selfish, irresponsible wankers.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Stage 4 for another 6 weeks.
Necessary goods and services:
To shop for necessary goods and services.
You can only travel up to 5km from your home. You should stay as close to your home as possible, for example shopping at the nearest supermarket. For some people the nearest goods and services will be more than 5km away. In this situation you may travel beyond 5km to the nearest provider.
Only one person per household can leave home to get necessary goods and services and only once a day (this means you can’t do multiple shopping trips in a day). You should limit the time you spend away from home. If you are unable to leave home because it would mean leaving a young child or at-risk person at home unattended then they may accompany you.

Exercise:
You can leave home to exercise but there are limits:
You must not travel more than 5km from where you live to exercise.
You can exercise with one other person you live with or a friend or family member, as long as neither of you travel more than 5km from your home. Please use common sense and limit the number of people you see in person right now. It is safer to connect with friends and family using phone calls, social media and video calls. If you are exercising with someone else, you should keep 1.5 metres distance between you. Don’t hug, kiss or shake hands.
You must limit your exercise to once a day and for only one hour.
If you are a parent or guardian who is caring for a young child or someone who cannot be left unattended then they may accompany you.

Care and health care:
You can leave home to receive health care or attend medical appointments. If you need to see a doctor or health care professional, you should do so. Do not put off getting medical care. Your doctor or health care professional can provide advice on how to stay safe.
You can leave home to care for a sick or elderly relative. If you are providing care for someone you should try to keep 1.5 metres between you when you can. Wear a face covering.
You can leave home to accompany someone for essential medical treatment if you are a parent, guardian or necessary support person.
You can take a pet to the vet.

Work:
If you can work from home, you must continue to work from home. Further announcements regarding workplaces will be made in the coming days.
Study at TAFE and university must be done remotely.

Personal:
You can still visit an intimate partner.
Shared parenting arrangements, both formal and informal, can continue for children.
You can leave home if there is an emergency.
You can leave home if there is family violence, or violence by another person in the home, and you are at risk. If you are stopped by police, tell them you are feeling unsafe at home and they will help you. Safe accommodation and support for family violence is available. Call safe steps on 1800 015 188 or email safesteps@safesteps.org.au for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Reports that Iran’s official published figures are only a fraction of the real ones, and their first confirmed COVID death was mid jan not mid feb

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-53598965
Cheers, Harry
Simon

Post by Simon »

Not really surprising is it? And looking at the claimed figures from some of the other crackpot countries on the Johns Hopkins tracker suggests Iran are not alone.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Bangladesh is getting very much hammered.

Dave!