Coronavirus

ZedLeg

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ZedLeg »

I wear a mask to the shops and on the couple of occasions where I’ve had to get the train to work.

The few times I’ve been past pubs the tables haven’t had enough space between them and no one is wearing masks so I’ll probably skip them for a while.

I think most people are still being careful so hopefully enough are to keep us moving towards an all clear.

Starting too look at booking another trip to Japan but it won’t be until later next year.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Especially since you could wonder round the supermarket without one at the height of the pandemic where lots of people had it.

Not that I mind, can't exactly do any harm.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

They were advising people to wear masks from the start of lockdown. They probably should’ve made it more of an official instruction earlier but it’s entirely on brand for the handling of this to be about a month behind where it should be.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Given how difficult it's been to get supermarket delivery slots I've taken to click and collect lately. Generally works pretty well.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:18 am You two make me laugh - here to snipe at every post. So about masks - who is happy to wear them everywhere - I am not. It will stop me going out to the shops.
Broccers, I'm sure it won't surprise you to hear that your posts make me laugh too :D
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Hardly anything on the shelves in Tesco - must be expecting noone to visit tomorrow :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:35 pm Given how difficult it's been to get supermarket delivery slots I've taken to click and collect lately. Generally works pretty well.
Click and collect has been pretty faultless over lockdown for us - I go once every 3 weeks and then my local co-op, once the fresh food runs out.

I had my first "Facemask" trip to the co-op this morning - only about half the customers were wearing one.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:31 am
duncs500 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:35 pm Given how difficult it's been to get supermarket delivery slots I've taken to click and collect lately. Generally works pretty well.
Click and collect has been pretty faultless over lockdown for us - I go once every 3 weeks and then my local co-op, once the fresh food runs out.

I had my first "Facemask" trip to the co-op this morning - only about half the customers were wearing one.
A lot of supermarkets have the policy for staff not to confront customers if they aren't wearing one I think, which is fair enough. In any case, no doubt some shoppers will start to confront people without them before long.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

There’s got to be some level of correlation between those who have covid and are spreading it about and those who don’t wear masks.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Popped in Morrisons as needed stuff - wore a snood - the staff had no masks on. :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I actually forgot about it completely this morning when I went into M&S to grab something for breakfast, I can’t recall anyone else wearing one either so I didn’t realise until I saw the news later this morning :oops:
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:52 pm Popped in Morrisons as needed stuff - wore a snood - the staff had no masks on. :lol:
A snood is perfectly acceptable. It's a gob/schnebb covering they want, not a medical grade mask or a respirator.
Simon

Post by Simon »

We took the boy to the local play area the other day, now that it's opened again. The council have tried to make it 'safe', by, for example, taking away one of the swings where there were two on hanging from the same frame. It's pointless. One only needs to look at how the groups of children all run and chase each other and get close playing football to know that distancing for kids up to 12/13 in that setting just doesn't exist. All they've done is to concentrate all the germs onto fewer surfaces (we took wipes and used them before putting him in the swing though).
The artist formerly known as _Who_
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Still finding the whole thing fascinating.

Americ is a total shit show still, and doesn’t seem to be getting better any time soon. Case numbers still not peaked.

With deaths starting to climb again to follow.

States hit hard early on seem to be following the European model with cases just bubbling along gently, such as new York and new jersey

While other places still climbing, particularly California and Florida

Iran seems to be the first place to get a proper second wave which is now bigger than their first. Initially they’d got things under control fairly quickly.

Other places getting second spikes are Japan and Australia, although numbers are still pretty low which makes it easy for any second spike to be as big or bigger than the first

Special mention has to go to India. It took a long long while to get going, and has the potential to be really horrible, but look at that curve, it’s amazing, you couldn’t draw better!
Cheers, Harry
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Popped into town at noon today

High street and the shopping centre busy, but actual shops were empty inside.

Face masks worn by customers in store only, but plenty of shop assistants without.

I tried on a jacket in John Lewis and immediately a member of staff came over and took it off me and said it now has to go into quarantine unless I want to buy it.

If I wanted to try anything else, I would have to buy it and try it on at home - and then return it. That's going to knacker them
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Wearing a mask with a beard is a bugger.

People being sensible in Bridgnorth, quite nice to see.

Dave!
Beany

Post by Beany »

V8Granite wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:09 pm Wearing a mask with a beard is a bugger.

People being sensible in Bridgnorth, quite nice to see.

Dave!
Yeah, I shaved off about two months of growth because my beard looked like a hairy bush trying to escape from a swimming costume. :lol:

Insert "you look like a cunt" joke here. :shock:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I got rid of mine when so started to look like Uncle Albert
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Beany wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:41 pm Yeah, I shaved off about two months of growth because my beard looked like a hairy bush trying to escape from a swimming costume. :lol:

Insert "you look like a cunt" joke here. :shock:
Nah. I like to look at cunts.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

At the beach at Saltburn today. Weather great and good social distancing going on. Very pleasant day so far!