Coronavirus

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Simon wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:37 am It's almost pointless comparing countries because of many factors:

1) How are they measuring the deaths? Covid cause of death? Covid present at death? Excess deaths?
2) Who is reporting the figures. India has a million cases but just 25k deaths? Russia 750k and 12k deaths? So much bollocks out there.
3) How many untested ppl exist in the populus?

Yes, I'm sure that in the context of Europe we're not going well, and by christ Johnson and co have handled it terribly, but I'm a little tired of hearing international comparisons because not one body is actually measuring across all countries using the same measures.
But if the emerging story is true, then we've very, very much been counting them wrong.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, that’s what mean by a lot of factors!
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:40 am
Simon wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:37 am It's almost pointless comparing countries because of many factors:

1) How are they measuring the deaths? Covid cause of death? Covid present at death? Excess deaths?
2) Who is reporting the figures. India has a million cases but just 25k deaths? Russia 750k and 12k deaths? So much bollocks out there.

Yes, I'm sure that in the context of Europe we're not going well, and by christ Johnson and co have handled it terribly, but I'm a little tired of hearing international comparisons because not one body is actually measuring across all countries using the same measures.
But if the emerging story is true, then we've very, very much been counting them wrong.
So basically they've been saying at PHE, had covid in Feb/March, has heart attack and dies in June/July, died of Covid. Most extreme example but it illustrates the issue.

So at the moment the only reliable figure from PHE is the daily number of new infections I guess.

It's almost as if the Civil service was politicised..............
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I've always thought they were plumping up the figures to control the message, and I haven't seen anything to change that opinion. If it helps keep the masses under control to limit spread by painting a worse picture of the risk I don't necessarily have a problem with it. It will all come out in the wash and I suspect we'll find we're a few further down the international list than we think.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:40 am

So the number of deaths from COVID 19 might drop for England? I imagine that won't change the ONS excess deaths statisic, which is a pretty decent stat for measuring the overall effect of the pandemic in the UK.
Oui, je suis un motard.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Why would they purposely plump up the figures to ‘control’ us and at the same time make us look like the worst affected country in Europe making it look like they’ve done a shite job because we’re always going to be compared to our near neighbours?

Surely the political interest would be to underreport and say look how well our lockdown measures worked compared to the rest of Europe, aren’t we wonderful etc.
Cheers, Harry
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:55 am Why would they purposely plump up the figures to ‘control’ us and at the same time make us look like the worst affected country in Europe making it look like they’ve done a shite job because we’re always going to be compared to our near neighbours?

Surely the political interest would be to underreport and say look how well our lockdown measures worked compared to the rest of Europe, aren’t we wonderful etc.
Not if the Civil service (which PHE is part of) were at direct odds with the government, which they basically are.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:59 am
integrale_evo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:55 am Why would they purposely plump up the figures to ‘control’ us and at the same time make us look like the worst affected country in Europe making it look like they’ve done a shite job because we’re always going to be compared to our near neighbours?

Not if the Civil service (which PHE is part of) were at direct odds with the government, which they basically are.
Indeed. The difference between Russia and the UK basically shows the difference between a country in complete control of its public sector, and one that is not.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

PHE should have been broken up years ago. I'd imagine HMG can't wait now they have this opportunity
Simon

Post by Simon »

This article discusses the issue quite well, which seems what like we discussed weeks ago on this forum that the 'recovered' data was horribly inaccurate.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Things seem to be moving again so I’ve got a date for my knee surgery which is great, but the downside is two weeks of self-isolation and a Covid test near the end of the period.
Cheers,

Mike.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

My mrs is getting the brush off again.

She was promised a ct scan as part of her aftercare, but now saying they’re just going to do a chest x-ray instead.

She had an x-ray when we first went to hospital with severe symptoms which was all clear, 4 days later she was back in and on 15l/min of oxygen 🙄
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:26 pm My mrs is getting the brush off again.

She was promised a ct scan as part of her aftercare, but now saying they’re just going to do a chest x-ray instead.

She had an x-ray when we first went to hospital with severe symptoms which was all clear, 4 days later she was back in and on 15l/min of oxygen 🙄
Doesn't seem to be much coordination going on across the NHS (no change there then - national my arse :roll: ). I was only reading a couple of days ago about some trusts trying to share findings and techniques and I'm sure one was a warning that they really should be doing CT scans to pick up any signs of side effects incl. inflammation of the brain etc.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Twitter really is a rabbit hole of stupidity. Clicked on one random tweet about someone using their home testing kit for Covid and ended up seeing replies from actual real people with functioning brains covering...

The test swabs are infected with COVID-19 to get the numbers up.
The test swabs are actually doused in the vaccine for COVID-19.
Various people who said they sent the test swabs without even using them and got notification back they had COVID-19.
Various people who said they put their test swabs in the bin and got notified that they had COVID-19.
Various people who went to their doc/hospital with breathing issues and were told they had COVID-19. But that’s impossible. And a conspiracy.
Various people who went to their doc/hospital with breathing issues and were told they didn’t COVID-19. But that’s impossible. And a conspiracy.
arious people who went to their doc/hospital with breathing issues having openly admitted they’re heavy smokers or have had other existing medical conditions and were told they didn’t COVID-19. But that’s impossible. And a conspiracy.

And its not just one or two people. Its 10s of people making similar posts, followed up by 10s or more people doing the same. WTAF is going on in the world?
Cheers,

Mike.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Education, education, education.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Sterilisation, sterilisation, sterilisation.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Beany

Post by Beany »

unzippy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:41 am Sterilisation, sterilisation, sterilisation.
I know eugenics is generally frowned upon, but looking at social media might change people's minds :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

unzippy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:41 am Sterilisation, sterilisation, sterilisation.
:lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Ascender wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:18 am Twitter really is a rabbit hole of stupidity. Clicked on one random tweet about someone using their home testing kit for Covid and ended up seeing replies from actual real people with functioning brains covering...

The test swabs are infected with COVID-19 to get the numbers up.
The test swabs are actually doused in the vaccine for COVID-19.
Various people who said they sent the test swabs without even using them and got notification back they had COVID-19.
Various people who said they put their test swabs in the bin and got notified that they had COVID-19.
Various people who went to their doc/hospital with breathing issues and were told they had COVID-19. But that’s impossible. And a conspiracy.
Various people who went to their doc/hospital with breathing issues and were told they didn’t COVID-19. But that’s impossible. And a conspiracy.
arious people who went to their doc/hospital with breathing issues having openly admitted they’re heavy smokers or have had other existing medical conditions and were told they didn’t COVID-19. But that’s impossible. And a conspiracy.

And its not just one or two people. Its 10s of people making similar posts, followed up by 10s or more people doing the same. WTAF is going on in the world?

Mental isn’t it? I’ve done the random home testing thing, mine came back negative so that’s their theory fucked. See also people saying about how a vaccine usually takes years and this one has taken months and hasn’t even been tested on people so they won’t have it- it is been tested on people, it’s animal testing they’ve reduced, yes development has been massively accelerated but incase you haven’t noticed we don’t have years to wait for one?

We’ll get a vaccine, and still get a second wave from morons who won’t get vaccinated
Simon

Post by Simon »

Sorry to sound harsh but my patience from the anti-vax and 5G-Coronavirus mob has run out. If these idiots don't take the vaccine that the geniuses at Oxford develop, and die as a result, then so be it. Average IQ in the country will go up and we'll have to listen to their crap on social media a little less. Darwin's law.
The artist formerly known as _Who_