Coronavirus

McSwede

Re: Coronavirus

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:57 am
McSwede wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:47 am
Rich B wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:39 am Sam has gone back to nursery today, they’ve got pretty strict rules On how they receive the kids and what happens if anyone has symptoms. the kids are in smaller “bubbles” that don’t mix with other groups.

It’s fecking weird being sat at home without hearing him in the background though! It does mean I can actually get some work done In normal business hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays though!
Our daughter was due the go back to school yesterday but their PPE delivery was late so school has been postponed until next week now. We were happy with the set up and safety protocol but it's more the psychological impact it'll have on our daughter being around some of her friends again. That can only do her a lot of good. Her behaviour has got worse and worse as lockdown has continued.
Yeah, luckily Sam is young enough (2 1/2) to not be that bothered about the friends aspect of nursery, but it’s nice to know he will get to interact with other kids again. It must be far tougher for kids who are old enough to properly miss their friends.

He definitely missed his key worker and had no problem remembering her name when we got to nursery this morning - thankfully she is in his bubble! Hopefully he’ll enjoy it like he used to....🤞🏻
It's really difficult for little ones. My daughter is 6 and is finding it tough not being with friends or having close contact with Grandparents. Hopefully in a safe controlled environment at school she can have a little more normality.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Max's original nursery had to close temporarily, but as my wife's classified as a key worker we got to place him at another. The new nursery is nice, but it's larger than his original one and doesn't have the same personal feel (for us as parents). It took him a while to settle and now we've heard from the other nursery that they're now re-opening, we've had to take the tough decision to leave him where he is, as the poor fella's had enough disruption as it is.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Simon

Post by Simon »

How is everyone's nursery doing? A colleague has taken his lad out of nursery as they wanted half fees this month and full the next despite coronavirus, and the fact they'd furloughed most of their staff.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Simon wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:40 pm How is everyone's nursery doing? A colleague has taken his lad out of nursery as they wanted half fees this month and full the next despite coronavirus, and the fact they'd furloughed most of their staff.
ours was no charge during the lockdown (though we weren’t refunded 4 days end of the month that was shut, but I was happy to leave that as they were clearly trying to find the best overall approach) but I have heard of others in the area wanting 30-50% throughout the lockdown.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

We use a childminder for the youngest after school. She asked for half the usual monthly payment as a retainer, which I didn’t mind paying to be honest.

Weirdly, she’s going to reopen as the schools go back but only for kids that aren’t going to school.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Our 4yo is in Kindergarten/Pre-prep at his school. They've tried to cater to some degree for them in the last few months so it's not been too bad. What has pissed me off though is that they outlined a plan for the return of children next week - nursery & kindergarten, reception and Yr6. We made a decision based on that plan for him to go back, as we were happy with the measures they had put in place. Then on Monday we were sent another letter to say that pre-prep plans had changed and would be making exlusive use of the local sports club.

Why fvcking outline plans, on which parents base their decision either yay/nay, to then a week later change them wholesale? It doesn't appear to have been made on any basis other than a whim. If it was based on unexpected higher volummes returning and therefore struggling for space that would've been fine. It's put us in a bind as we've now had to think about whether we change our minds, and also we've explained to Josh what the measures would be at school, only for him now to not be going back there. He struggles enough with change as it is. In the end I think we'll stick with sending him back, as we think he needs it, but it's just not the sort of shit you need when we've struggled enough with the decision as it is.

Thankfully on the fees front, ours were reduced to 15% for while he wasn't in school, and that was covered by the early years funding. Think it goes back up to 80% if they go back. We actually paid more than the 15% though as it hopefully helped to cover those parents who would've struggled to continue paying but whilst furloughed/or without pay.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:50 am The number of people gathering in protests is still minute compared to how many cram into busses / trains every day in most major cities. Wouldn't surprise me if the cases don't drop, but doubt it'll directly lead to another full scale outbreak.
Was it 40 or 50000 shoulder to shoulder in Houston yesterday? - edit just checked - 60000

Weve our own angry mob in Hyde Park today.... lets not see them kick off too.

mik

Post by mik »

Why is there a “protest” in London in relation to the Floyd incident? :? A protest against the US Police Force?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It’s a solidarity protest for black lives matter. They’re happening all over the world
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:15 pm It’s a solidarity protest for black lives matter. They’re happening all over the world
As the news says (this is a c19 topic) BAME are more likely to die of it so going back to your house with a disease picked up on an event like this isnt too clever. :o
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I can’t say I disagree but at the same time I’m not going to tell people that they can’t protest for something important.

There’s talk of one here on Sunday but we’re not sure if it’s going ahead yet as it might get broken up by the police for breaching social distancing rules.

The organisers are telling people to have masks, hand sanitiser etc if they want to come though.
An absolute unit
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

We've paid half fees to the childminder and after school club and am fine with that (former was their suggestion, latter was at our discretion). Sadly the after school club has closed permanently as they were just about hanging on before all this.

Two youngest are back at the childminders. Middle one was upset yesterday, he's struggling with the distancing and can't understand why he can't play closely with his friends. Breaks my heart when all he wants is a hug.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:26 pm I can’t say I disagree but at the same time I’m not going to tell people that they can’t protest for something important.

There’s talk of one here on Sunday but we’re not sure if it’s going ahead yet as it might get broken up by the police for breaching social distancing rules.

The organisers are telling people to have masks, hand sanitiser etc if they want to come though.

Its OK Gary Lineker says they are being safe...... the replies are :lol:

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Here we go
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yeah fuck the police, power to the people, let’s go loot some stores 😎

Am I doin it rite?
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Looks pretty calm compared to when the gammons were camping there before brexit 😉
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

No excuse for that sort of shit.
Simon

Post by Simon »

The wife had a minging migraine yesterday evening and really didn't feel like cooking (we normally cook our own meals as our palettes are so different). So I did what any self-respecting metrosexual modern man would do. I went to KFC drive through at Gatwick airport for the first time since the lockdown started.

The queue through the drive through wasn't long like some of the pictures of other McDonalds (I guess because not many people think to go to the airport for a takeaway), but even then I was invited inside by the staff as it'd be even quicker to order in there. I was in and out in 10 minutes.

What was more surreal was how dead the airport is. We all know that practically nothing is running, but seeing the car parks so empty and no planes flying in and out was really weird. Looking at the arrival and departure boards online tonight there's only been 2 or 3 planes all evening.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Living by the seaside it’s been more busy than ever the last few weeks and we’ve all seen how busy small villages have been with everyone exercising and walking their dogs 50x a day so when I went to London I was genuinely surprised how quiet it still was, not a single pedestrian at lunch time today.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Anyway, what's gone wrong with Iran? It was an early hotspot, then we all thought they had it under control, now it's getting bad again. What gives:
Iran.png
Iran.png (27.76 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Has it mutated? Do people just not bother to distance anymore? Have they erected a load of new 5G towers over there?