Coronavirus

Mito Man

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mito Man »

Rich B wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:03 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:15 pm The restrictions look to be changing again, I’m hoping car dealers start to fill up.

Also, more welcome news.

Lockdown easing to allow groups of six to meet https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52839182
its all a bit reactionary now imo. having been to a few parks with my Mrs and little one I’ve the last week or two (at toddler-o’clock before too many people got there) there were loads of people already clearly doing this (unless there are some seriously off households out there!)
Yeah I never realised how many households there are with 8+ people living in the same house :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Right, I see - makes sense really I suppose

You’re unlikely to be exposed enough in a casual passing of an infected person within 2m etc
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:18 pm What do we think about this track and trace thing?

If you've been near someone who has tested positive you'll be asked to isolate for 14 days.

Sounds fine in principal, but has potential to be far more disruptive than the old advice.

One person in a workplace could test positive and the whole shift end up having to isolate? Seems a bit off until they car really get rapid testing nailed, plus antibody tests and a green card of some sort for those that have already had it and are unlikely to get it again 🤔
We were trying to get back to a distanced version of normality in the office but I told everyone this morning it’s still not feasible. The new penalty for failing to isolate for 14 days is a £1000 fine. The whole office could be shut down for 2 weeks if any one person caught it. I can’t take that risk.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

One of my mates has been told not to come back into the office until the end of the year.

I’ve not heard anything about ours yet
An absolute unit
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Rich B wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:03 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:15 pm The restrictions look to be changing again, I’m hoping car dealers start to fill up.

Also, more welcome news.

Lockdown easing to allow groups of six to meet https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52839182
its all a bit reactionary now imo. having been to a few parks with my Mrs and little one I’ve the last week or two (at toddler-o’clock before too many people got there) there were loads of people already clearly doing this (unless there are some seriously off households out there!)
I haven’t seen that myself. It came over as a pulled forward announcement to move the media away from Cummings but yours is the more likely reason.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Simon

Post by Simon »

The more interesting thing when you follow the flow diagram, is that if you're told to isolate because you've been near someone then there is no automatic test for you - you only get that if you develop symptoms.

And what of the people you share a house with? Presumably you could've infected them, but they aren't isolated in the same way?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Simon wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:38 pm The more interesting thing when you follow the flow diagram, is that if you're told to isolate because you've been near someone then there is no automatic test for you - you only get that if you develop symptoms.

And what of the people you share a house with? Presumably you could've infected them, but they aren't isolated in the same way?
And we’re still not testing key health workers to see if they have had it based on their symptom history :roll:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I got a random testing letter through from the nhs to take a test to see if I'd got it, but seemed a bit pointless as it was about 4 weeks after the mrs had been confirmed with it so haven't bothered.

Would have been different if it was for antibody testing.
Cheers, Harry
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:47 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:25 pm
Ascender wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:21 pm

You could be Matt Hancock's support act, get the crowd warmed up before the headline act comes on.
Listen dude I don't really care much, just want normal life to crack on. Was a Gavin a few pages saying my posts need to be ignored? Fuck off nobhead.
Wait, what?

I've honestly no idea what's going on, but no offence was intended. Although I do feel like I've missed something along the way...
Not offended Mike. I was slightly annoyed by wankers on here not being able to talk about their issues. 😄

Let's hope we can all get back to moaning about Brexit soon.
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:04 pm I got a random testing letter through from the nhs to take a test to see if I'd got it, but seemed a bit pointless as it was about 4 weeks after the mrs had been confirmed with it so haven't bothered.

Would have been different if it was for antibody testing.
I had one as well - went to website to sign up (because science) and put in my unique code....

First question - are you such and such....

Second question - do you take anticoagulants - answer = yes a fuck ton of them

Sorry we can't send you an experimental test because of risk of bleeding!

Told my INR nurse about it and she said one of the other nurses had had the test and she was crying as they scrape inside the nose so hard to get enough material to test! No wonder I wasn't allowed it!
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Yeah, even in Aus where it doesn't appear to have hit so hard, working from home will be continuing for a long time yet. I can't see me being back at work before Christmas.
With all the social dist rules, my office of 400 or so people will now only fit 80. 6 floors with 3 lifts that can take 10 each are now only allowed 1 person in at time.

Easier to carry on at home for most people.

Statement from the Victorian bossman:
The whole way through this pandemic, our advice to Victorians has remained the same: “stay home”.

Now, as we begin to settle into a new normal, our message is “stay safe”.

That means maintaining your physical distance. Using common sense.

And as we ease restrictions, each of us playing our part to keep one another safe.

With the rate of community transmission remaining low, and the rate of testing remaining high, we’re in a position to make a number of additional changes.

As always with these things, there’ll be questions about why we can do this, but not that. Why one activity is okay, but another might not be.

And the truth is, we’ve had to make some tough decisions. Just as we can ease some restrictions, some of our other measures must remain in place.

One of our most important messages to Victorians is this: if you are working from home, you must keep working from home – at least until the end of June.

I understand there’ll be questions about why you can go to the pub or the park – but not the office.

But the health advice on this is very clear.

We just can’t afford to have millions of people moving around our state – taking public transport or using the communal kitchen. Let alone when you think about the logistical challenges of getting people in and out of lifts or lobbies.

Now I understand this won’t reflect everyone’s working conditions. And there are plenty of workers for whom this just won’t apply.

But for those bosses who have employees who can work from home – we’re asking that they keep working from home.

It’s making a very real contribution to the safety of our state.

Because of that contribution – and the contributions of every Victorian – today we can announce our next steps.

Each of these changes are cautious and considered.

And each of them is underpinned by one key principle: by limiting the number of people moving around our state – we can limit the spread of this virus.

That means from Tuesday – and in line with the return to face-to-face learning in school – outdoor playgrounds, skateparks and outdoor communal gym equipment will reopen.

Then, from 11:59pm on 31 May, you’ll be able to have a total of 20 people in your home. For a family of five, that means 15 visitors. Outdoor gatherings can also increase to 20.

Overnight stays can resume at private residences. And importantly, for our tourism industry, so can overnight stays in accommodation.

In good news for those itching to pitch their tent, this will also apply to campgrounds and caravan parks – but not with communal facilities like kitchens or bathrooms so we can stay safe.

Limits on our most significant ceremonies will be lifted, with up to 20 people allowed at weddings – plus the celebrant and couple – and up to 50 people allowed at a funeral, in addition to those required to conduct the ceremony. Up to 20 will be allowed at other religious ceremonies, in addition to those required to perform the service.

Libraries, youth centres and other community facilities will be able to open with no more than 20 people in a single area, plus those needed to operate the space. That means men’s sheds and arts and crafts classes can resume.

From 11:59pm on 31 May, entertainment and cultural venues like galleries, museums, drive-in cinemas and historic sites will be able to open their doors, alongside zoos and outdoor amusement parks. Physical distancing and a limit of up to 20 patrons per space will apply, and indoor venues will be required to keep customer contact details.

Swimming pools will also open with limits of 20 people and additional safety requirements in place. Community sporting activities will also be permitted with up to 20 people in undivided spaces, provided the sport is outdoors, non-competition, non-contact, and people are able to play 1.5 metres apart. Restrictions on professional sport will remain unchanged.

Beauty and personal care services like nail salons, spas, tattoo parlours will be able to open with up to 20 customers per space – with customer contact details required to be kept.

Auctions and open for inspections will also be subject to the 20-person limit – plus those required to conduct the activity – with agents also required to keep the contact details of everyone who attends.

Non-food and drink market stalls will also be able to open from 11:59pm on 31 May.

If community transmission rates continue to remain low and testing rates continue to remain high, we will look to further relax restrictions from 22 June.

From that date, indoor fitness and recreation facilities will open with up to 20 people per space and up to 10 people per group or activity at any one time.

Up to 50 people will be permitted in restaurants, cafes, galleries, museums and for the first time, cinemas and theatres. And for those eager to hit the slopes, the ski season will open slightly later this year on 22 June.

At the same time, we’re urging Victorians:

In all your activities, be considered. Be cautious. Use your common sense.

And if you don’t have to do it – don’t.

By making these small sacrifices, we’re each contributing to something much greater than ourselves.

Working from home means we can go away for the weekend.

Staggering start times means our kids can start learning face-to-face.

Keeping our distance means we can open cafes and restaurants.

And by only seeing those you need to, if you need to, we can help keep our friends and families safe.

Because we all have a part to play.

And it’s up to all of us to make this work.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
GG.

Post by GG. »

unzippy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:10 am
Easier to carry on at home for most people.
Make sense.

In addition, the economic impact of people working from home is presumably limited to certain inefficiencies and loss of trade in connected business, local shops, travel, etc.

My guess is that governments will aim to get other areas of the economy open (even if they are in themselves the same or higher risk than an office - i.e. non essential shops, restaurants) whilst retaining the advice of people working from home if they can as it is something that has a bearing on the R rate with a smaller drag on economic output.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Is it my device or is the worldometers site borked? It won't bring up the table of countries on my phone

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

Working for me on my desktop machine and my android phone. Quit the browser, clear cache, retry?
Barry

Post by Barry »

WB have effectively told us to expect to be WFH till the year is out, and as we're functioning at close to normal we'll be the last going back I suspect. My only gripe with that is missing out on Lego discount (they won't do it without delivery to the office) and my personal office chair is a cheap Demon Tweeks pos.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

We’re out until October. I’m allowed to expense a mouse or keyboard, but not a monitor, desk or chair :roll:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

We've been told that nobody is going back until October either. Can drive to head office to collect an office chair if I need it. Am allowed to expense a monitor too.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Beany

Post by Beany »

Apparently we might be back in the office next week.

Ah, how the other side live...
Simon

Post by Simon »

I've said before that I'm out till the end of 2020 at least. We were given a budget to buy anything we needed to bring our home 'office' up to par, subject to a financial limit. As I WFH 80% of the time anyway there was nothing I really needed, but I did get some Airpods to make the numberous Webex calls and meetings more bearable.

They were also explicit that anything we bought would belong to us and not the company, which is nice.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:25 pm We’re out until October. I’m allowed to expense a mouse or keyboard, but not a monitor, desk or chair :roll:
I've been lucky then as they've sent me a nice Dell 24"monitor, keyboard and mouse plus a docking station. Also allowed me a whopping £75 towards my new Eames style office chair.