Coronavirus

Beany

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Beany »

To be fair, it's a well known fact that paps are utter scum who'd sell their own gran in to sex slavery to get a story. That they behave like rabid animals doesn't excuse people who should know better.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

The irony of Cummings chirping at them to respect the social distancing rules...
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gavin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 am The irony of Cummings chirping at them to respect the social distancing rules...
not wanting to be any way associated with Broccers, but do you think what he did was in any way even close to equivalent to what they are doing?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Rich B wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:49 am
Gavin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 am The irony of Cummings chirping at them to respect the social distancing rules...
not wanting to be any way associated with Broccers, but do you think what he did was in any way even close to equivalent to what they are doing?
Both broke the rules. I am not attempting to draw any sort of equivalency or league table of stupidity.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

To clarify we never associated near castles or public loos as Rich suggested.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Yes you did. Now are you going to get back to that point or keep ignoring it?
Broccers wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:46 am Here we go - is Barnard Castle actually open? I drove to Bolsover the other day, they have a Castle, it was shut.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 am Yes you did. Now are you going to get back to that point or keep ignoring it?
Broccers wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:46 am Here we go - is Barnard Castle actually open? I drove to Bolsover the other day, they have a Castle, it was shut.
?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Stop deflecting Broccers.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
mik

Post by mik »

I have previously stayed at the (now shut down) Jersey Farm Hotel in Barnard Castle which was owned & run by “Mad” Mark Watson - who raced in the fastest class of the British Rallycross Championship.

I thought you would all be interested to know this. :)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Gavin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:54 am
Both broke the rules. I am not attempting to draw any sort of equivalency or league table of stupidity.
Driving your family in your own car to a separate property and not coming into contact with anyone else has a somewhat different effect on the potential spread of a virus to huddling around a braying bunch of 15 strangers on the street.

I doubt any of the media outlets they're representing trying to force dc to resign will be sacking them.
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Most photographers are independent, they sell their pictures to the highest bidder.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

With every passing day, the Tory approach to running the country is becoming ever more Trumpian.
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ascender wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:54 pm With every passing day, the Tory approach to running the country is becoming ever more Trumpian.
I think we're a long way yet from BJ suggesting injecting bleach or shining UV torches up our arses. :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

Although Broccers is first in the queue if that's on offer.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Simon wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:25 pm Although Broccers is first in the queue if that's on offer.
I think the Tories haven't dealt with the situation well. What's your point?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I think this, on top of the last couple of years has made me seriously consider getting the fvck out of dodge to another country or downsizing to the point where I can live in a wee cottage in the middle of nowhere to be honest.

Anybody else?

Which countries are less of a clusterfuck than ours?
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Ascender wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:11 pm I think this, on top of the last couple of years has made me seriously consider getting the fvck out of dodge to another country or downsizing to the point where I can live in a wee cottage in the middle of nowhere to be honest.

Anybody else?

Scandinavia is highly recommended and on current form NZ too, I think.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Ascender wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:11 pm I think this, on top of the last couple of years has made me seriously consider getting the fvck out of dodge to another country or downsizing to the point where I can live in a wee cottage in the middle of nowhere to be honest.

Anybody else?

stop being such a drama queen, IYRWTYWHA.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

We had a great year in Holland. Mainly because I didn’t watch or read the newspaper for 12 months and just got on with life. I should’ve carried on like that.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Anybody else?

There seems to be generally less arseholery north of the border, so part of me is tempted to let Nicola build the wall.

Failing that, Hebredean island, couple of dozen sea mines, and a .50 Cal with a really long scope - problem solved ;)
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"