Re: Coronavirus

Post by Orange Cola »

My hopes are dashed!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Mine too, just looked and cannot see anything at all. I will write to her to suggest she specifies who "he" is when discussing such things! :D
GG.

Post by GG. »

Nope - he's gone. Was the right thing to do. He could probably have got away with the trip to his parents (though a silly thing to do) but the Barnard Castle trip just looks like he was taking the piss.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

GG. wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:39 am Nope - he's gone. Was the right thing to do. He could probably have got away with the trip to his parents (though a silly thing to do) but the Barnard Castle trip just looks like he was taking the piss.

Source?
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

"a silly thing to do" would be chuck a whoopie cushion on the PMs chair.

This was a massive two fingers to the millions of people who he designed controls for.

Even when caught he continued to lie and a procession of idiot cabinet ministers were told, probably by Cummings, to go out an lie and dissemble on his behalf.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:46 am
GG. wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:39 am Nope - he's gone. Was the right thing to do. He could probably have got away with the trip to his parents (though a silly thing to do) but the Barnard Castle trip just looks like he was taking the piss.

Source?
Maybe I'm going mad. I though this was the headline on the Telegraph online but on re-checking can only see reference to the minister.

So doesn't look like he has gone after all. :?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Gavin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:48 am This was a massive two fingers to the millions of people who he designed controls for.

Even when caught he continued to lie and a procession of idiot cabinet ministers were told, probably by Cummings, to go out an lie and dissemble on his behalf.
My comment was only in reference to a scenario where they were both ill and made the decision to travel to his parents rather than bring his sister(s) to London to look after the child. That would have been 'a silly thing to do'.

As I posted, this was aggravated by a host of other factors such as the Barnard Castle trip which bring into question how much of the whole story is a blatant lie. On that basis he was 'taking the piss', ' two fingers', whatever turn of phrase you would choose to use.

Try not misconstruing what I'm actually saying.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Will people stop getting my hopes up? :lol:
Last edited by NotoriousREV on Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

And I am disagreeing fundamentally with his trip being a "bit silly". Not misconstruing as far as I can tell.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Nowt like sabotaging your own career to make a point 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Mito Man wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 am Nowt like sabotaging your own career to make a point 😂
I am pretty sure you are young but generally when I was younger, if a politician was found to be up to nonsense and got caught they tended to resign. It is a more recent phenomenon to just brazen it out supported by a partisan press. Not a welcome one either.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Exactly. I’m still waiting for Broccers point on this one to see how he’s going to defend DC...
Orange Cola wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:52 am
Broccers wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:46 am Here we go - is Barnard Castle actually open? I drove to Bolsover the other day, they have a Castle, it was shut.
What, you think they shut the whole town? He never said he went round for a tour of the castle itself :lol:

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/vis ... rd-castle/
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 am Exactly. I’m still waiting for Broccers point on this one to see how he’s going to defend DC...
Broccers wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:46 am Here we go - is Barnard Castle actually open? I drove to Bolsover the other day, they have a Castle, it was shut.
What, you think they shut the whole town? He never said he went round for a tour of the castle itself :lol:

Sorry mate what was the point?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Broccers wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:12 am
Orange Cola wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 am Exactly. I’m still waiting for Broccers point on this one to see how he’s going to defend DC...

Sorry mate what was the point?
My point? I don’t have one, it was you who started it! :lol:

Clearly you had a point and realised it was too stupid to post so you’re deflecting instead, you’ve even deleted out your original post in the quote :lol: Trump would be proud :lol:

Go, tell us, you were saying something about visiting and castle and if the place was really open at the time, because you also visited a castle that was closed...
Last edited by Orange Cola on Tue May 26, 2020 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Can we call a forum ceasefire on accusing the other person of being angry/frothy/salty as an answer to try and win an argument*? It’s just a bit lame.

(*Or I’ll get angry)
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Can we also stop referring to Cummings as DC? Dc is David Coulthard and has been for a long time. Cummings suits the slimy shitehawk far better anyway.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:16 am Can we call a forum ceasefire on accusing the other person of being angry/frothy/salty as an answer to try and win an argument*? It’s just a bit lame.

(*Or I’ll get angry)
No mate the low iqs will get restless :lol: <- genuine
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Nah, David Coulthard is and will always be Crazy Dave.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Got to love the press photographers clambering over each other to get the photo of the person not social distancing...!

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yep, amused me too when they were crowding around his car the other day trying to get a story 🙄
Cheers, Harry