Coronavirus

Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:03 pm
Broccers wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:43 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:35 pm Well known lefty Julia Hartley-Brewer:

I read that earlier. Proof you shouldn't drink and twit.. . Is that a thing?
At 9am?

Christ, you're proper reaching on this one :lol:
It happens, not so long ago most of fleet street were alchies.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Not even the Daily Mail are falling in line.

I mean, as a Conservative government, isn't the Daily Mail turning on you pretty much the death knell..?
Simon

Post by Simon »

The bloke who spotted DC up north the second time has filed a complaint with the police
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Simon

Post by Simon »

Also don't forget that the Mail for a new editor a few months back who isn't such a twat as before so the coverage changed a little.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Simon wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:41 pm Also don't forget that the Mail for a new editor a few months back who isn't such a twat as before so the coverage changed a little.
Ah, good point well made there.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Even the Telegraph has started hedging its bets with a supportive-looking headline but plenty of criticism.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

What's the latest with their track and trace app, I thought it was in final testing a few weeks back?
Cheers,

Mike.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Ascender wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:24 am What's the latest with their track and trace app, I thought it was in final testing a few weeks back?
Fucked. And it turns out Cummings’ sister is a director of that particular company.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Was it not some crony that owned it and the crony's brother was also some dodgy bollock? I am sure there was a connection to Cambridge Analytica too. There have been so many horror stories around this bunch that they kind of roll in to one but heartening to see the press actually starting to hold this shower to account, perhaps with the rise in available media via social media, web etc they can see the worm is turning?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

There's someone on my Facebook who is an avid Tory supporter and is backing DC's actions. Apparently DC's son has autism and on the 9th April the Gov clarified it was acceptable to travel with dependents who have learning difficulties. That might get him out of the fire for the Durham trip but I don't know if it'll stick with the 30 mile trip out to the castle, I don't think he was spotted out with his son?

Either way, no fucker is going to stick to the guidance now and I don't blame them. I know a couple of people who didn't say goodbye to loved ones because they were sticking to lockdown guidance and they feel this is a right kick in the teeth.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I would imagine autistic children need to be entertained.

This fake outrage is making me laugh.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:23 pm Either way, no fucker is going to stick to the guidance now and I don't blame them.
Are we doing this Whole social distancing to please Dominic fucking Cummings or save our own lives?

The guy is a knob, Boris is a knob for supporting him, but I’m going through this disruption to save myself and anyone else I might have been in contact with. Not because I’m being told to by the government, and I won’t be abandoning my efforts to give two fingers to DC because that would just be cutting off my own nose.

He should be fired. Boris should be ashamed. But it doesn’t change a single thing with regard to saving our own lives.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Rich is correct, anyone who stops taking precautions just because they’ve finally realised Boris is an incompetent liar is an arsehole.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:31 pm I would imagine autistic children need to be entertained.

It isn’t fake.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:41 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:31 pm I would imagine autistic children need to be entertained.

It isn’t fake.
Autistic children that I know tend to need routine more than anything but it would entirely depend on where the child is on the spectrum. At one end you have completely non verbal, at the other, you have kids with that struggle with societal norms.

It is the things hey are sneaking through under the radar as we focus on the latest horror show from de Pfeffel and his lying cheating bastard cronies that i am also concerned about. They appear to be doing irreparable damage to the country almost without scrutiny. I sincerely hope it is just anti government hype but it is like shooting ducks in a barrel pointing out the latest hypocrisy or incompetence or example of the utter disdain that we are held.
Simon

Post by Simon »

We've never seen Broccers and Cummings in the same room at the same time...

Oi Broccers

Why did your wife lie in about isolating in London?
What were you doing at Barnard castle?
What colour is the boathouse at Hereford?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Rich B wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:31 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:23 pm Either way, no fucker is going to stick to the guidance now and I don't blame them.
Are we doing this Whole social distancing to please Dominic fucking Cummings or save our own lives?

The guy is a knob, Boris is a knob for supporting him, but I’m going through this disruption to save myself and anyone else I might have been in contact with. Not because I’m being told to by the government, and I won’t be abandoning my efforts to give two fingers to DC because that would just be cutting off my own nose.

He should be fired. Boris should be ashamed. But it doesn’t change a single thing with regard to saving our own lives.
I don't disagree with you, I think you're completely correct and I'm not wanting to start a debate here. I was being flippant by saying no one would follow the guidance from now on :lol: I think it's a gross underestimate of the government to think every member of the general public will treat this the same as you and the other intelligent people in this country, some people are wired in such a way that as soon as the leadership start ignoring their own rules they'll follow suit too and that mentality is very well known and understood. If the government start undermining their own messages we're going to get people doing stupid things and I can only blame the government for that.

Looks like we might get some answers later though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52798632
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:09 pm Looks like we might get some answers later though

I doubt it. We’ll get a tripling down. I bet there’s no contrition or even a “I’m sorry you feel I breached the guidelines”.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:17 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:09 pm Looks like we might get some answers later though

I doubt it. We’ll get a tripling down. I bet there’s no contrition or even a “I’m sorry you feel I breached the guidelines”.
I'm not expecting a "we said you could do this, I did that exactly that because...", could it be the 2020 version of Prince Andrews interview?
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:23 pm Apparently DC's son has autism
Looks like that particular piece of bullshit originated from another bot-farm. Now who's playbook is that out of, hmmmm?
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"