Coronavirus

NotoriousREV

Re: Coronavirus

Post by NotoriousREV »

Monkey fires organ grinder? Never going to happen.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:17 pm Monkey fires organ grinder? Never going to happen.
Fire? Pfft.

Hang.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

He's going nowhere. However if a Scottish scientist goes to their second home without symptoms then it's lynching via British press.

What a very sad state of affairs our press is in.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

While you may well be right OC, that story only went up 45 mins ago so plenty of time for a lynching yet. He definitely grinds his own organ.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:04 am He definitely grinds his own organ.
Don't we all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:04 am While you may well be right OC, that story only went up 45 mins ago so plenty of time for a lynching yet. He definitely grinds his own organ.
Oh fuck, i'd love to see Cummings get fucked by this.
You know, like anyone with an IQ over 65.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:07 am
nuttinnew wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:04 am He definitely grinds his own organ.
Don't we all?
but when he spanks the Monkey it's a different activity.
Pre - Boris = in the world before Monkey?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:37 pm He's going nowhere. However if a Scottish scientist goes to their second home without symptoms then it's lynching via British press.

What an earth are you on about? The British press have broken the story, and will no doubt be feasting on it for days, I'd say he's not that popular so it'll be an easy story to sell... that is really all the media care about.

I agree with the sentiment about the media, but I don't see that he's getting any different treatment to the scientist. It'll be a bigger story if anything.

WTF was he thinking anyway? He must know he's now a well known public figure, and not a particularly popular one. Why would you risk it? He should be fired for stupidity.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

duncs500 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:34 am
Orange Cola wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:37 pm He's going nowhere. However if a Scottish scientist goes to their second home without symptoms then it's lynching via British press.

What an earth are you on about? The British press have broken the story, and will no doubt be feasting on it for days, I'd say he's not that popular so it'll be an easy story to sell... that is really all the media care about.

I agree with the sentiment about the media, but I don't see that he's getting any different treatment to the scientist. It'll be a bigger story if anything.

WTF was he thinking anyway? He must know he's now a well known public figure, and not a particularly popular one. Why would you risk it? He should be fired for stupidity.
I don’t think he will be fired. The details are yet to be confirmed so there’s still a chance there’s a valid reason for doing what he did but I think it’s unlikely he didn’t break the lockdown rules. Once it’s been made clear he isn’t being sacked the story will die (and there in lies my issue with press compared to the Scottish scientist, she was more use to this country than DC ever will be but the press made sure she went. I just don’t think the press will apply the same level of pressure to this situation, but I do hope I’m proven wrong)

I don’t personally want to see him in the role whether it’s this or something else that’s his undoing I don’t really care but I just don’t think we’re lucky enough to see him go over this.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

You might be right that he doesn't go, but I don't see that it has anything to do with the media other than they broke the story.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

BBC News - Fergus Walsh: 'I was gobsmacked to test positive for coronavirus'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52762939

Why is this fella not convinced he had Coronavirus in Jan... Is there really no chance Covid 19 was here then? Ta.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

One of the lads from work went skiing in Italy in late Jan, and pretty much exactly two weeks later was off sick with all the classic C19 symptoms. At the time it was starting to kick off and we all teased him that he'd had it, but obviously didn't really believe it. Almost certainly was it I reckon.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

duncs500 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:37 am You might be right that he doesn't go, but I don't see that it has anything to do with the media other than they broke the story.
Are you forgetting the media actively sent out a photographer to trail the Scottish scientist, then got her sacked by putting so much pressure onto her and the Scottish government through the media’s own outlets? Now that the press know about DC do you really think DC will get such a hard time from the press as soon as Boris brings out his first line of defence and says DC is going absolutely nowhere? I don’t believe for a second they’ll be treated the same in the press.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:47 am
duncs500 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:37 am You might be right that he doesn't go, but I don't see that it has anything to do with the media other than they broke the story.
Are you forgetting the media actively sent out a photographer to trail the Scottish scientist, then got her sacked by putting so much pressure onto her and the Scottish government through the media’s own outlets? Now that the press know about DC do you really think DC will get such a hard time from the press as soon as Boris brings out his first line of defence and says DC is going absolutely nowhere? I don’t believe for a second they’ll be treated the same in the press.
Even the Daily Mail (and the commenters on its website) are joining in the calls. It’s a different story in the Torygraph, though.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:51 am
Orange Cola wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:47 am
Even the Daily Mail (and the commenters on its website) are joining in the calls. It’s a different story in the Torygraph, though.
I just hope I’m proven wrong on this occasion, because I’m calling out press bias for DC before it’s even happened :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

speedingfine wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 am BBC News - Fergus Walsh: 'I was gobsmacked to test positive for coronavirus'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52762939

Why is this fella not convinced he had Coronavirus in Jan... Is there really no chance Covid 19 was here then? Ta.
Weird one that one isn’t it, you’d assume mis-diagnosis in January as he had Covid 19 symptoms, that’s more likely than catching something else in Jan and being asymptomatic in February or March :?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

France found they'd had a death from it in December so of course there's a chance it was here in small numbers earlier than than its official arrival.
Cheers, Harry
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Yep, including myself as I had symptoms late December/January, I’d been abroad to an Asian country. I’d like to be tested to confirm, until then I’ll assume I never had it.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

There was also a small outbreak following a Nike conference in Edinburgh in February....

Can anybody see the government surviving once this is all over and we return to some sort of normality? Given the number of deaths, the response, the preparation and the criminally underfunded NHS, not to mention that in Keir Starmer there's finally a leader of the opposition who seems like he's up to the job of highlighting all the inadequacies, will we finally see some groundswell of public opinion against the government?
Cheers,

Mike.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Ascender wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:50 pm Can anybody see the government surviving once this is all over and we return to some sort of normality? Given the number of deaths, the response, the preparation and the criminally underfunded NHS, not to mention that in Keir Starmer there's finally a leader of the opposition who seems like he's up to the job of highlighting all the inadequacies, will we finally see some groundswell of public opinion against the government?
I wish you were right, but I suspect they'll just go right back to lie, distract, lie, distract, lie, distract, BREXIT.

There will be an enquiry, Boris and his goons will stick rigidly to the "unprecedented situation" and "we followed the science" mantras; Starmer will ask some difficult questions, Boris will ignore them and declare what a success everything has been (with a bit of casual jingoism thrown in for good measure) to cheers from the Tory benches; the tabloids will unearth a few near-scandals, the minor ones will be ignored, the major ones might see a couple of junior ministers/advisors thrown under the bus; there will be lots of flag waving and celebration of how great it is to be English, just in time for the news that there is no brexit deal, there is a border in the Irish sea, and the NHS has just signed up for an exclusive drug/equipment/peripheral services supply deal with a consortium of US companies (which will also be declared a fantastic success). Rinse and repeat with minor detail changes for the next 5 years.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"