Coronavirus

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jobbo »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:57 pm Unleaded under a £1 at Morrison's, not that it makes any difference if you aren't using any.
It is down to 95.7p/litre at three places on the A435 going south from Birmingham - even the Esso place next to Cocks Moor Woods is 96.9p. I'm sure the one in Studley was 94.9p two weeks ago as well.

Haven't got diesel for less than 101.9p/litre yet.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Ours seems to have stalled at 102.9 for the last 6 weeks or so.
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I could see Frankley Services (M5)'s fuel prices as I drove past this morning: petrol 135.9 and diesel 137.9 :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

So it looks like public transport is busy in London today and somehow that's the general public's fault?

What did the government think would happen?
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

“Everybody go back to work”

Sees people go back to work

“No, not like that”

:lol:

It’s all an exercise in pushing blame for any spread now off the government and onto people.
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:26 am somehow that's the general public's fault?
That is very much what Boris set up with his broadcast to us naughty schoolchildren on Sunday night. No assumption of responsibility for running things, just suggesting it was up to us to behave.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Talking to the Indian colleagues it’s ok over there so far but they’re relatively well off with their own places to isolate and work from home and not caught in some of the slums and shanty towns. It’s probably going to go off when people get fed up of the restrictions and go back to normal too early.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:29 am “Everybody go back to work”

Sees people go back to work

“No, not like that”

:lol:

It’s all an exercise in pushing blame for any spread now off the government and onto people.
You got that link too then...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

So despite notifying that we don't need any food deliveries, we received another 2 today. This just after we received a phone call to confirm that we'd been taken off the list :lol:

So I've just run 3 boxes off to the local charity (still had last week's lying around). Thankfully found another charity other than the Trussell Trust which can also take all the fresh produce. So we're not drowning in apples, carrots and potatoes anymore.

ETA: There was a homeless chap outside the charity building eyeing up the Superb whilst I dropped the boxes in - happy chappy, showing me his Eye of Horus t-shirt and then telling me about how Skoda make engines for UFOs, along with BMW. 8-) Wished him all the best as I bade him farewell.
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Wed May 13, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Boris getting schooled. I like it.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:52 am
Foz wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:20 am
integrale_evo wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:40 am Everything I've read has said there's next to zero chance it could be man made so I doubt its been manufactured.

Speaking to a friend who's daughter works in a lab in the UK I wouldn't be surprised if that message changes based on what I was told..
Will be interesting to see. To me it seems like there are far to many unknowns with it still, too many surprises to the medical and scientific community in the way it's behaving, and it's those aspects to the virus that leads me to wonder whether it's man-made.
The headlines regards a cure and learning to live with this in the way we do with HIV, this morning had me :?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I caught sight of that headline this morning [mention]Foz[/mention] and bookmarked it for later.

Spoke with my folks who live further north and their GP says they’ve not seen any cases for over a month now and are hearing positive things about one of the vaccines being tested in Oxford at the moment.
Cheers,

Mike.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Ascender wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:28 am I caught sight of that headline this morning @Foz and bookmarked it for later.

Spoke with my folks who live further north and their GP says they’ve not seen any cases for over a month now and are hearing positive things about one of the vaccines being tested in Oxford at the moment.
Vaccine was a long way away unless they get seriously lucky was what I was told, this thing is incredibly complicated! :(
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Foz wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:30 am
Ascender wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:28 am I caught sight of that headline this morning @Foz and bookmarked it for later.

Vaccine was a long way away unless they get seriously lucky was what I was told, this thing is incredibly complicated! :(
Antibody test approved for use in the uk. Let’s see how many they roll out.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

drcarlos wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:03 am

That is the most positive news yet. It's almost as if testing was important, who'd have thought it?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jobbo wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:28 am That is the most positive news yet. It's almost as if testing was important, WHO'd have thought it.
EFA.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

:lol: True.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Jobbo wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:28 am
drcarlos wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:03 am

That is the most positive news yet. It's almost as if testing was important, who'd have thought it?
I agree, this should be front and centre on the BBC, instead it's a minor headline with a statement from the WHO trying to devalue it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

We must have a very different BBC page 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Anyway I also saw the article that there may be no vaccine for it on the Beeb - as I was reading it whilst having breakfast I could see a blind rabbit with Myxy hobbling about - hopefully it doesn’t end up like that for us every year!
How about not having a sig at all?