Coronavirus

DeskJockey

Re: Coronavirus

Post by DeskJockey »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:57 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:55 am Same goes for the cowardly arseholes that get are continuing to get paid 5 and 6 figure sums for not kicking a football around whilst the club staff are being furloughed at Gov't expense. Hiding behind the PFA as a collective rather than showing as an indivisual that you can afford to do your bit? Doubtless the cvnts won't be "put on the list" by those that are so vocal about toher cvnts like Ashley and Martin. :roll:
I don't know how they can live with themselves. 1 player giving up 1 week's wages would easily pay for all the backroom staff for a month and won't impact the player in the slightest.
I was thinking the same. Hopefully some of the players will step up and support the staff.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Wishing you and the Mrs all the best Harry.
Left over crest; tightens.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

JonMad wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:06 pm Wishing you and the Mrs all the best Harry.
Yep - hope it all goes well
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

JonMad wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:06 pm Wishing you and the Mrs all the best Harry.
Yes, Likewise hope she recovers quickly.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:55 am Same goes for the cowardly arseholes that get are continuing to get paid 5 and 6 figure sums for not kicking a football around whilst the club staff are being furloughed at Gov't expense. Hiding behind the PFA as a collective rather than showing as an indivisual that you can afford to do your bit? Doubtless the cvnts won't be "put on the list" by those that are so vocal about toher cvnts like Ashley and Martin. :roll:
I don't know how they can live with themselves. 1 player giving up 1 week's wages would easily pay for all the backroom staff for a month and won't impact the player in the slightest.
One player will do it and there'll be a sheepish landslide is where my money is at.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Quite a few clubs in Europe already doing it.

Cristiano Ronaldo (IIRC he initiated it first) / Juventus, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and a few in Germany etc.
Marv

Post by Marv »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:52 am I hope they can test her so at least we know one way or the other, she works in the maternity department so expect they'd like her back as soon as she feels well enough as babies are still being born at the same rate.
Hope she makes a quick recovery either way, Harry.

I was wondering if the hospital's in the counties local to me are quiet, as cases of Corona in Norfolk/Suffolk are still <500 according to current stats.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:31 am Just had to take the mrs in with breathing issues.

Never seen a hospital so quiet,ambulances sat idle and empty, everyone sitting around having a chat.
Fingers crossed everything is ok with her.
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:32 am How does a child get a cold (hopefully) when they've been isolated for 2 weeks?! The boy seems to have sprung one this morning. :?
Is it a cold or possible onset of allergies? I've had sniffles on and off for a well or two. Hayfever kicking in, basically.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Best of luck to everyone who’s got it 👍
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:52 am I hope they can test her so at least we know one way or the other, she works in the maternity department so expect they'd like her back as soon as she feels well enough as babies are still being born at the same rate.
With my mate they initially diagnosed him from the chest x-rays, they didn't get a positive test result back until 2 or 3 days later.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

DaveE wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:19 am
ZedLeg wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 am and it looks like a large amount of it is just going to disappear into corporate bank accounts.

They must be laughing just now. This is exactly what Trump was put into the office to do.
There's a breakdown of where the money's going here: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/the-an ... ulus-bill/
Fine in theory, except when Trump has said that he will ignore the specific controls and oversight mechanisms, and effectively dish out £500bn of it at his own discretion and refuse to account to anyone

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/us/t ... virus.html
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:03 pm
With my mate they initially diagnosed him from the chest x-rays, they didn't get a positive test result back until 2 or 3 days later.
Yeah, she's had X-ray and bloods.
Cheers, Harry
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Fingers crossed for all those affected on here that they come out fine.

I think Man Utd have given 3.5 million to a local hospital, I don’t know if that was the club or the players though as I caught it on the radio?

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:08 pm
Yes, Likewise hope she recovers quickly.
I echo sentiments above 🤞
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Nefarious wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm
DaveE wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:19 am
ZedLeg wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 am and it looks like a large amount of it is just going to disappear into corporate bank accounts.

They must be laughing just now. This is exactly what Trump was put into the office to do.
There's a breakdown of where the money's going here: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/the-an ... ulus-bill/
Fine in theory, except when Trump has said that he will ignore the specific controls and oversight mechanisms, and effectively dish out £500bn of it at his own discretion and refuse to account to anyone

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/us/t ... virus.html
So basically he's given away an amount of money in the same region as the 2008 bailout to corps with no oversight, and with no "payback" (I'm not sure off hand if the US took stakes in their banks the same way the British govn did here?)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Not sure about other f1 teams but saw Lando and Carlos have both taken a cut from McLaren to make sure staff can still be paid
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

jamcg wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:47 pm
Not sure about other f1 teams but saw Lando and Carlos have both taken a cut from McLaren to make sure staff can still be paid
Yep, and I think they did that right at the start. No delay, just done and dusted.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Chest x-rays clear, but with no testing for all but the most severe cases they just assume you've got it 😐
Cheers, Harry
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Best of luck Harry, seriously.

Question to you all. What would you do if you thought the woman in the queue behind you was far too close? Turn around and tell her? Well that’s what I just did. Jesus the look I got but fuck that, two meters love gimme some space.