Coronavirus

DeskJockey

Re: Coronavirus

Post by DeskJockey »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:54 am
Matty wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:39 am
That being said, being 'clinically overweight' isn't really difficult - I'm 6ft and 13.5st which by the standard BMI chart means I'm clinically overweight :?
Yeah, BMI is pretty useless if you’re over average size. I’m 6’4” and quite a big build so I came in overweight at 16 stone. The nurse just laughed and told me not to worry about it at my health check :lol:.

Glad to hear your mate is mate is doing ok in hospital Rev.
I'm the same height and weight as you, I was told to exercise more (which I should).
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:01 am
ZedLeg wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:54 am
Matty wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:39 am
That being said, being 'clinically overweight' isn't really difficult - I'm 6ft and 13.5st which by the standard BMI chart means I'm clinically overweight :?
Yeah, BMI is pretty useless if you’re over average size. I’m 6’4” and quite a big build so I came in overweight at 16 stone. The nurse just laughed and told me not to worry about it at my health check :lol:.

Glad to hear your mate is mate is doing ok in hospital Rev.
I'm the same height and weight as you, I was told to exercise more (which I should).
Yeah (a stone less though) put it down to being quite active and lifting weights and having a big build. The full body CT scan put the last one to bed :lol:

@rev good to hear your mate is doing better.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I already exercise a fair amount, cycling and home exercise.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I weighed myself on Monday morning and I've lost 9lbs since isolating 2 weeks ago.

Good News Rev - lets hope this is the start of his recovery...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

It's lung function which is the big issue, I imagine - not sure whether being overweight affects pneumonia much.

How close to you lot is Coronavirus reaching? My brother-in-law's 6yr old son has it (at least, suspected) and one of his best mates has it (definitely). I've not seen either of them in the last couple of weeks but some family members are bound to have done so. Gloucestershire hasn't had too many cases so far, so we're behind the curve when it comes to the spread of infection, yet people are already complaining about being bored of the lockdown and going out to play football in the park together, etc.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Nobody I know has it, that I’ve heard of. There have been a couple of people at work isolate after having a persistent cough, but that’s about it.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Several of the people in my wife's extended team have got it.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Is it bad that I'm finding the constant opening of emails with "hope you and your family are all well" and closing of them with "stay safe" a bit cringe?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:17 am It's lung function which is the big issue, I imagine - not sure whether being overweight affects pneumonia much.

How close to you lot is Coronavirus reaching? My brother-in-law's 6yr old son has it (at least, suspected) and one of his best mates has it (definitely). I've not seen either of them in the last couple of weeks but some family members are bound to have done so. Gloucestershire hasn't had too many cases so far, so we're behind the curve when it comes to the spread of infection, yet people are already complaining about being bored of the lockdown and going out to play football in the park together, etc.
Apparently Scotland in general hasn’t been as badly affected as down south but I’ve not heard of anyone who’s definitely got it.
An absolute unit
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

One of Edinburgh's few CV deaths was a friends next door neighbour. He was an old boy, but his son (late 40s/early 50s) is apparently in intensive care. Neither known to me personally, but it makes it *feel* relatively close.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

One of the guys within our group of companies has sadly passed away aged 48.
evostick

Post by evostick »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:38 am

It’s definitely worrying. He’s not the pinnacle of health but probably “normal” for his age group. If I got it as badly as him, I think with my underlying conditions I’d be a goner.

Edit: update from his wife: the docs are “happy with his progress”
Very sorry to hear about your mate but glad that he's making progress to recovery.

His age concerns me a little though. You say no underlying health conditions but I suspect many are often overlooked due to not wishing to offend in this era of PC madness. So can you please confirm which one is applicable here. Is he;

a) A shirtlifter (the non-macho sort)
b) Vegan
c) 'Non-binary'
d) A bit like beany

I'm sure we can resolve this troubling anomaly.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Stay at home they said, it’ll flatten the curve they said.

Doomed. Fucking doomed I tell you.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I think I've had it already but thought it was a cold, stayed in for a week and didnt cry much. I reckon the worst place you can go is hospital.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I can’t find much of a source but is the U.K. now counting deaths outside of hospital too?
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:16 pm I can’t find much of a source but is the U.K. now counting deaths outside of hospital too?
No - the statisticians have been based outside of the hospitals for some time now.

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:16 pm I can’t find much of a source but is the U.K. now counting deaths outside of hospital too?
The uk hasnt been counting anything properly - its all about controlling the small man this I really think so.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

:lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

mik wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:21 pm
No - the statisticians have been based outside of the hospitals for some time now.

genuine lol, thanks for that.
Left over crest; tightens.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 am
Gavin wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:03 am Was he a key worker or just wrong place? Just utter shite either way.
He was self-isolating because his wife had mild symptoms the week before and recovered.
Any idea where she’s picked it up? Glad he’s picking up, hopefully not too long of a recovery

My uncle has tested positive- was sharing an office with someone else who was tested after showing symptoms (oil refinery, they arranged the test- courier came, gave kit, waited and took completed swabs away)

He’s had fever, constant cough for a couple of hours and felt a bit achey. Aunty had similar but described breathing with the cough like trying to breath through a straw. Not pleasant stuff