Coronavirus

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Was only a matter of time given that many leading politicians have had it. Step forward Dominic Raab... :|
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:05 am Yeah this. I reckon there's a good chance I'll succumb to liver failure before coronavirus at this rate :lol:
God yes, this too. There's been no shortage of beer in the supermarket, three or four cans each evening is starting to feel normal. The WFH thing meaning I don't have to get up at 6am any more makes it feel like it's permanently the weekend.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Carlos wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 pm Although my youngest was screaming at the Xbox about T Bagging someone on Just Cause 4 whilst I was on a client call this afternoon. I'm hoping it means something different to his generation 🙄
It does, my eldest at 14 was talking about butt plugging someone on COD, which meant shooting someone up close with an RPG so the RPG goes right through them instead of exploding and killing them. He take great delight now he's nearly 18 in those innocent old days and the language used.
He informed me that he'd already seem the brothers grimsby the other night, after me and the wife watched it.

Carl.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:58 am Uk curve is a little more gentle than a lot of others, but going to take a while for the results of social distancing to start showing, which I think is the bit the public can't get their head around, the delay between catching it, showing symptoms and symptoms worsening.
Yes, I spent 3 hours on excel plotting all of the numbers for the UK, Italy and Spain and looked at the graphs from a day zero infection perspective (not the time shifted perspective that we keep seeing in the MSM). It's pretty positive (can share on FB if anyone is interested) and for giggles I looked at Japan, who have had it about 20 days longer than the EU and only just topped 1000 cases even though they are exceptionally population dense and zero deaths.
It seems that some of the main points are:
In Japan, over 90% of people wash their hands after using the toilet, The UK is around 70% and Spain/Italy only around 40%
In Japan they have handsanitiser everywhere (probably post H1N1), outside shops, at home, in public places and they use it.
In Japan they wear masks if they are off colour to stop spreading

Our original guidance for handwashing and sanitiser, might just have stopped us hitting that mental tradjectory that Italy and Spain hit.

I haven't plotted the number for the US and haven't really looked at any of their habits, still smarting about my holiday!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:35 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:05 am Yeah this. I reckon there's a good chance I'll succumb to liver failure before coronavirus at this rate :lol:
God yes, this too. There's been no shortage of beer in the supermarket, three or four cans each evening is starting to feel normal. The WFH thing meaning I don't have to get up at 6am any more makes it feel like it's permanently the weekend.
I’ve been struggling to not drink since I’ve been working from home.

Just hit 3 months without a drink though so I don’t want to break it.

On the subject of haircuts just do what I do. Get clippers and shear your whole head like a sheep once a week :lol:
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Simon wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:18 am They're just saying on the radio that BoJo has it.
Didn't realise Prince Charles had it too.

All mild symptoms though.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:35 am
Working away from home the last five years has accustomed me and the Mrs to enjoy a few drinkies of an evening when I am home.

Now WFH has us depleting the cupboard a bit rapidly so I declared a Boozefree Tuesdee although OTOH apparently yesterday was Fursty Fursday amongst teachers :D
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Boris doing his bit for the herd immunity.
An absolute unit
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

My wife's a hairdresser so we'll be fine (apart from her zero income). I might go for the caveman look anyway.
Left over crest; tightens.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I've gone down the snacking route rather than boozing, barely had a drink for the past few weeks (a whisky at the end of the first WFH week - nothing since).

I panic bought chocolate last week and now I know there's ten share bags of Buttons in the cupboard I can't help but munch half a pack every day.

I'm doing my best to keep fruit and veg intake up though, so that's a small positive, it's the lack of exercise that'll get me. Pruned a tree last night but that's about the sum of it all week (aside from my nightly press-up routine). :|
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

My missus has been making sure that I eat through the day and cooking decent meals for dinner so I’m eating better than I have in months.

I never weigh myself so I don’t know if I’ve put on or lost weight but it’s been good to eat well.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:46 am
On another note, is anyone else experiencing inexplicable weight loss, I dropped a pound on each of the last 4 days!
Yep - didn’t weigh myself before isolating but definitely noticed less bulk on the belly this morning.

I’m eating less and smaller portions - we have provisions but haven’t hoarded so need to try to make it last. I also have had no crisps or junk food for a couple of weeks now. Probably drinking 4 or 5 coffees less per day while not in the office so that’s 50 odd less spoons of sugar etc. It’s all adding up.

Small silver lining...

Edit - my alcohol intake has increased though - need to watch that
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:18 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:46 am
On another note, is anyone else experiencing inexplicable weight loss, I dropped a pound on each of the last 4 days!
Yep - didn’t weigh myself before isolating but definitely noticed less bulk on the belly this morning.

I’m eating less and smaller portions - we have provisions but haven’t hoarded so need to try to make it last. I also have had no crisps or junk food for a couple of weeks now. Probably drinking 4 or 5 coffees less per day while not in the office so that’s 50 odd less spoons of sugar etc. It’s all adding up.

Small silver lining...

Edit - my alcohol intake has increased though - need to watch that
4-5 fewer coffees per day? :)

How many did you normally have in all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Also 10 sugars per coffee?
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Got to keep going boys. While quiet work wise my job is now dropping off my parents shopping as they live in the middle of nowhere.

Print still busy tho lots of hospital forms. 😄
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I've been enjoying a couple of beers of an evening. I have been careful with caffeine intake though as I hate being wired but I love good coffee. I have a decent bean to cup machine and stick to 2 or 3 double shot coffees a day. I piss like a racehorse too if I have too many 🤣
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I bought enough beer to see out the lockdown :lol:

Been eating better rather than worse as were both at home so having proper food for lunch rather than snack pots because I'm lazy if I'm on my own.

Saving loads of money not going out as well! No fuel, no pub, it's a cheap lifestyle going for a walk every day!

Feel better for the walk as well, clears your head after a day of work/child activity.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Only one bottle of wine since the lockdown, and no beer. Bugger all exercise but I only did a fast walk between the station and the office anyway. Well, I mowed the lawn last night but that was leisurely. Maybe I've been snacking less, which is keeping the weight neutral I think.
Left over crest; tightens.
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

Mrs is a doctor in the navy. She's fairly sure that it's onboard her ship (as sure as she can be without any testing facilities onboard). One of those affected is the captain, who thinks that isolation is spending 2 hours in the evening playing Mario Kart in the mess, and making himself a coffee in the kitchen :roll: :roll: :roll:
Simon

Post by Simon »

Now Matt Hancock has it.
The artist formerly known as _Who_