mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mikeyb »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:23 am
Alex_ wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:10 am Went for an interview at the start of this month and got the job. Yesterday was the first "official" day, luckily in academia I can work from home without much hassle. Hopefully HR and tech support have me on the system. Just grateful I got the job, if I didn't it would have caused some anxiety as my previous contract ended in January. I can't imagine it's going to be easy to find a job under the current circumstances.
I’m extremely grateful to have got my job when I did. I’m lucky and very thankful for it.
That’s fortunate.

I handed in my notice in Jan (three month notice period). On garden leave as of yesterday but my notice period doesn’t end until the end of April. My new employer says my specific role isn’t under review. Still uncomfortable though 😕
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

My missus quit her job like a month ago as she’s been struggling with her mental health. Needless to say all this hasn’t been helping. Ultimately it probably won’t be a bad choice, I don’t think the kitchen she was working in will survive this.

Fortunately I’m still working from home even though we’ve shut down day to day operations as of today so at least we still have money coming in. Might have to start digging into my nice car/bike fund if it goes on like this for a long time though.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, slight diversion but my anxiety is through the fucking roof at the moment, and being stuck at home isn't going to help a jot. Work dithering on WFH etc isn't helping.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye, fortunately I’d recently upped my setraline dose so I’m not too bad but I can’t see me dropping the dose again when I have to go back to the doctor :lol:
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:28 am Yeah, slight diversion but my anxiety is through the fucking roof at the moment, and being stuck at home isn't going to help a jot. Work dithering on WFH etc isn't helping.
That's what the OV9 discord is for, talk shit about cars with us. :)

So, what vehicle testing was still running in the UK and Europe is shutting today so I'll be trawling through my "I'll get around to that later" list of things to do for the foreseeable future. At some point management will have to conceed SOPs will slip or intere program timings will have to be binned due to all this.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 am
Sports Direct refusing to close stores
Surely it's going to cost them more to keep the stores open with no customers, unless the public really are that thick that they think a new pair of trainers is essential?

Arsehole should have his license to trade taken away.
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

My contract ends at the end of the month. Gonna have a bit of time off I think.

Wife thinks I'm going to do all the lingering DIY jobs around the house. LOL. I've got lots of car jobs to do !
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:38 am ...unless the public really are that thick...
Time will tell, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say "yes, yes they are".
Beany

Post by Beany »

RobYob wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:35 am
Beany wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:28 am Yeah, slight diversion but my anxiety is through the fucking roof at the moment, and being stuck at home isn't going to help a jot. Work dithering on WFH etc isn't helping.
Are people actually on there? I might join in.

Is it an adventure in shitposting? Can I leave voice messages calling you all twats?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Wife has suspended the dog walking and boarding.

I'm busier than ever, starting at 8am everyday BCP call and generally helping the production side of things until we are 100% happy with the company working from home, we are 90% done and happy currently but need to roll a few more changes to be 100% and then we're onto project continuation.
mik

Post by mik »

Beany wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:44 am

Is it an adventure in shitposting? Can I leave voice messages calling you all twats?
If anyone wants to put up a separate thread that explains to idiots what TF this is about - that might be useful?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 amSports Direct refusing to close stores and Wetherspoons refusing to pay staff until the government pays out is depressingly predictable.
Mike Ashley is a fucking parasite.

So no surprise with their stance whatsoever.
Cheers,

Mike.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

mik wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:52 am
Beany wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:44 am

If anyone wants to put up a separate thread that explains to idiots what TF this is about - that might be useful?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10348

https://discord.gg/qvtvpD
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Ascender wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:59 am
ZedLeg wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 amSports Direct refusing to close stores and Wetherspoons refusing to pay staff until the government pays out is depressingly predictable.
Mike Ashley is a fucking parasite.

So no surprise with their stance whatsoever.
U-turn: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52011915

Still a bunch of cvnts.
M235i
Beany

Post by Beany »

Literally only u-turned because the literal Govt told him to get fucked.

Absolute fucking scum. Fuck the safety of our staff and customers, we've got money to make.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I remain disappointed that the Geordies still haven't flushed the cvnt down the Tyne, after all these years.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

MOTs suspended for 3mo
mik

Post by mik »

I still don’t think this will stop people, but....

Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:48 am MOTs suspended for 3mo
"MOTs have been suspended for lorries, buses and trailers for up to three months, and MOT testing for cars, motorcycles and light vans is under review."

Will not be surprised if they extend it to cars and bikes very soon though.
M235i
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

:oops: Doh! It was vehicle approval tests I'd seen.