Coronavirus

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Rich B »

dan wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:04 pm I see the 'Fear' thing is always part of the argument, why is that. Some fuckwit I know keeps posting about it on facebook.

I've had all my jabs and I wear a mask but i'm not afraid of anything, just doing what I think is right. Why do the conspiracy theorist loonies equate that to me being afraid of something?
Its just diversion tactics - you tell someone they're scared of something and they stop actually discussing the issue and divert to arguing that they're not scared.

Same as the whole "control" bollocks, you make someone feel like they're too dumb to see the big picture and then you don't actually have to discuss the issue - just how dumb the person is for not knowing.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:06 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:24 pm
Broccers wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:10 pm Arent you all bored yet :lol: :lol:

I see they are releasing us as planned next week.

Wahay
How does this fit in with your control comment?

Are they giving up the control or have they got some extra control from the lockdowns they can benefit from in some way going forward?

I'm not point scoring, I'm genuinely interested to understand what you think the gain is that was worth destroying the economy and the governments popularity for.
I have no idea - do you? I do know previously tho you could go to work in the NHS and not be forced to have a jab. You could enter countries without proving your medical status. While I understand why and in many circumstances its good however the rules are quick to come in yet take ages to be recindered.

If I lived in Scotland or Wales I'd be pretty annoyed. Or NZ where everyone seems shit scared of their own shadow.

How will the winter olympics pan out in China? No spectators at all? Sounds a right riot. :lol:
so you're making statements that you don't know (or even have any idea of) the reasons behind them??

I've had to prove my vaccination status in loads of countries - when countries have had issues with yellow fever/etc I've had to had the jab to get my visa.

Plan B restrictions have been decided pretty quickly - which parts have been left giving more control to the government?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Tiresome. :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

If it’s so tiresome you could always stop posting dumb shit Broccers :lol:
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I'm sure the irony Of Broccers insinuating that other people are sheep, whilst blindly repeating words and opinions that he admits he has no idea how they actually apply to the subject hasn't been lost on anyone here!
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Back on topic, my daughter has just tested positive for the 2nd time. She feels OK at the moment, just a runny nose for now. What has struck me though, is how different we as a family feel. We've gone from being terrified at maybe dying or being hospitalised, to being annoyed that we can't get on. That's purely down to Worldwide vaccination and the virus becoming weaker. That's got to be something to be thankful for!
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

This is a shock

High Covid death rates include people who did not die from virus, admits Sajid Javid
Health Secretary reveals daily government figures might be unreliable as ONS data show fewer deaths registered to Covid

Hasnt this always been the case? Earlier I read the actual figure from covid was actually 17000.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... 1642625436
Beany

Post by Beany »

Dude, if your have COPD, and get COVID, and then die from fluid on the lungs, your didn't technically die 'from COVID' but if you didn't get COVID, you'd not be dead.

How's difficult is this to unde.....ah, wait, it's Broccers.

Also, Sarah Knapton is an utter fucking hack.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Been debunked comprehensively over the last 2 years, Broccers. The figure for number of deaths caused by COVID is higher than the official figure which is based on deaths within 28 days of a positive test.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

You're disagreeing with facts from the ONS. Up to you.
It clearly states OF COVID.

:lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:27 am You're disagreeing with facts from the ONS. Up to you.
It clearly states OF COVID.

:lol:
Broccers, even the article you posted isn't trying to change the last 2 years' figures. It's just tweaking figures for deaths in the last week or two; that's what the ONS does, it produces accurate figures after the event instead of relying on easier to produce estimates. There have always been two figures produced:
(1) the daily figure produced by the Government showing deaths within 28 days of a positive test (which is an estimate of the total COVID deaths because it cannot consider the cause of death on the death certificate - it doesn't do so in order to get up to date daily data); and
(2) the ONS figure showing the number of deaths where COVID is stated on the death certificate to be the cause of death. That is undeniably 'of COVID' not 'with COVID'. See the ONS article here: https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transpar ... sitivetest

The second figure has been consistently higher until now. There are various reasons; deaths at home which take a while to be registered, deaths where the cause was COVID but the person hadn't had a test before becoming seriously ill, slower deaths - all increasing the figure compared to the daily published one. There are also deaths where the person had COVID but it didn't kill them - which will reduce the figure. But the net effect has been shown to be a significant under-estimate for most of the last two years.

It's gratifying to see that fewer deaths are actually caused by COVID now and the current daily deaths are an over-estimate. But that does not alter the figures for number of people who have died with COVID stated on their death certificates as the cause, which (from the ONS, who you clearly see as an authority) as at 18 January is 174,305 - see the data here: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... ths#deaths
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

The article is saying the counting previously is inaccurate, as died WITH not OF is exactly how they scared everyone into sticking by their ridiculous rules.

Tier systems, substantial meals, not being able to sit in a park - all absolutely assisted by HIGH death figures.

I'm obviously on a different planet to the more vocal posters here as they are happy to be controlled and go with the flow.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

More vocal posters?

You've posted in this thread nearly 1000 times, which is more than double my count :lol:
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:02 am More vocal posters?

You've posted in this thread nearly 1000 times, which is more than double my count :lol:
Strange concept posting in a thread you start. Try it - you may get some nice replies :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:06 pm recindered.

You shall go to the ball again.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:32 am The article is saying the counting previously is inaccurate
For the week ending 7 January 2022, the ONS's figures were lower than the Government's. It's not that there was any inaccuracy, it's just that for the first time the daily published figures were actually higher than the later figures from the ONS. The figures both accurately show the number which they were trying to count.

Weird how it's only after nearly 2 years that you're posting about the inaccuracy of the daily figures when plenty of sources have been reporting that they're too low during that time :lol:
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:56 am
Broccers wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:06 pm recindered.

You shall go to the ball again.
:D
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Latest on this is concerning IMO with little reference to the current stats - ultimately going to shift perceptions away from testing and isolation to a free for all.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

No more masks day!