Coronavirus

Beany

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Beany »

You're.... You're not making yourself look good here.

The very simple point of mask usage is that even a very simple, non medical/n95 mask goes a huge way to prevent you spreading the disease, as it's mostly spread through droplets from breathing/coughing, which even a snood or a hankie over your mouth will catch most of.

It's not about preventing you catching it from other people (which works require everyone having a fresh N95 filter mask), and it never has been.

That you don't understand that basic concept, that's been hammered through the media for the last 18 months says everything about the validity of your opinion on this subject.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

No it doesnt Stephen. Get a grip. The only people making themselves look foolish are the twats with frilly shit on their faces.

Jabs dont work - masks dont work - lockdowns dont work - travel restrictions dont work.

Whats the end game? Thats the important question here.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Science don't work 😢
Oui, je suis un motard.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Marv wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:47 pm Science don't work 😢
Which? The paid for plan one or the truth? :lol:
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Broccers wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:11 pm
Jabs dont work - masks dont work - lockdowns dont work - travel restrictions dont work.

Whats the end game? Thats the important question here.
Ignoring the first sentence as it's completely batshit, I too want to know the answer to the last sentence. Heck, everyone does. Worryingly, I don't think there is one unless the entire World gets jabbed and hides away for a month so this dies. No host, no virus is the only way surely?

As that will never happen as A, it's impractical and B, you'll always have a Broccers that knows best, I can't see an end to this.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gwaredd wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:06 am As that will never happen as A, it's impractical and B, you'll always have a Broccers that knows best, I can't see an end to this.
Quite correct :lol:

This highly contageous new strain thats been around for weeks yet noone knew, or died. Absolute killer.

One thing it has killed is the travel industry. My mates in Spain were due to come back tomorrow til friday. Its not worth bothering now.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:11 pm Jabs dont work - masks dont work - lockdowns dont work - travel restrictions dont work.
Do you really believe that? I don’t think I’ve ever met a true nihilist before.

Hope you have the ferret on a lead like in The Big Lebowski.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Oh, and just like taxes, planning laws, interest rates, wars and everything else there is no end game. It’s a process of the elected government dealing with these things as they arise and human beings coping - because that’s what we’re good at. Even if Elon, Jeff and Richard begin to colonise another planet, that isn’t going to change.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I rarely wear a mask now, unless specifically required/requested. Everyone I know who's caught it recently has been via their kids, and hasn't had much in the way of severity. Oddly enough my boys pre-school ask for masks for dropping off/pick ups - I wear one, but it seems pretty daft when the boy obviously doesn't.

Going forward I'm probably more behind the vulnerable protecting themselves, with mandatory measures in places where the vulnerable have no choice in being in contact with the general public (hospitals, old people's homes, etc)...
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:36 am
Broccers wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:11 pm Jabs dont work - masks dont work - lockdowns dont work - travel restrictions dont work.
Do you really believe that? I don’t think I’ve ever met a true nihilist before.

Hope you have the ferret on a lead like in The Big Lebowski.
Actually I do. If they did fully do their job there wouldnt be any need to reintroduce more measures. They always said it would mutate so thats nothing new. How come we didnt get a modified vax for delta yet for this one they're saying one can be ready in 100 days.

And, while I am here, if everything is so scary how come no masks till tuesday, and then not in pubs or massive crowds of people - just shops. Just doesnt add up.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Because they’re trying to find a way to implement the measures without the booze industry losing it’s shit again.

Stopping the spread isn’t as important as keeping corporate backers onside.
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

They didn’t need a new vaccine for delta because they pretty quickly determined the existing one worked. They don’t know with this new one and are estimating they could have a modified one ready in 100 days if required.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:04 am.

And, while I am here, if everything is so scary how come no masks till tuesday, and then not in pubs or massive crowds of people - just shops. Just doesnt add up.
Probably in line with my post - if you're vulnerable or ill, you can very easily avoid pubs and massive crowded places, yet you might not be able to avoid shops (even old and I'll people need food, toiletries, medicine, etc...)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

ZedLeg wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:13 am Because they’re trying to find a way to implement the measures without the booze industry losing it’s shit again.

Stopping the spread isn’t as important as keeping corporate backers onside.
And the public, so many would loose their shit and there’d be mass protests if they closed the pubs this time. They’re also trying to avoid paying more furlough money out
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:07 pm
Broccers wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:04 am.

Probably in line with my post - if you're vulnerable or ill, you can very easily avoid pubs and massive crowded places, yet you might not be able to avoid shops (even old and I'll people need food, toiletries, medicine, etc...)
Quite right.

Maybe, just maybe, this would've solved the problem in February 2020.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

50 percent up
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

So apart from the media panic (about Christmas maybe being "cancelled")( over the weekend, is there any reason why this new variant is getting people wound up? Especially given the update of vaccines in this country?
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

😂
How about not having a sig at all?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Gap between 2nd dose and booster reduced to 3 months.

Seems a bit OTT for perfectly healthy people who have been vaccinated twice?
Oui, je suis un motard.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »