Coronavirus

Barry

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Barry »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:24 pm
Barry wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:55 am Friend of mine got it off his daughter, who was rough for a week or so, he's been projectile vomiting for a few days apparently. And he's double Pfizer dosed.
Sounds like norovirus
Speaking with friends and we wondered same, I've not questioned him, assumed he got tested and isn't just guessing.

I'm staying well away regardless 🤣
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Barry wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:54 pm
Barry wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:55 am Friend of mine got it off his daughter, who was rough for a week or so, he's been projectile vomiting for a few days apparently. And he's double Pfizer dosed.
Sounds like norovirus
Speaking with friends and we wondered same, I've not questioned him, assumed he got tested and isn't just guessing.

I'm only saying as my mate has had it this week. :lol:
Marv

Post by Marv »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Sounds like norovirus

Think it was in the news a few weeks ago that Norovirus is doing the rounds.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Marv wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:22 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Think it was in the news a few weeks ago that Norovirus is doing the rounds.
After having NV a few years back I think I'd rather take my chances with the covid!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Having had both, Covid is infinitely preferable to rocketing fluids out of both ends. And Covid is fucking horrible.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Wow what a surprise !!! I am hoping more and more people are seeing the whole thing as an over egged farce.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... admission/
More than half of Covid hospitalisations are patients who only tested positive after admission, leaked data reveal.

The figures suggest vast numbers are being classed as hospitalised by Covid when they were admitted with other ailments, with the virus picked up by routine testing.

Experts said it meant the national statistics, published daily on the government website and frequently referred to by ministers, may far overstate the levels of pressures on the NHS.

The leaked data – covering all NHS trusts in England – show that, as of last Thursday, just 44 per cent of patients classed as being hospitalised with Covid had tested positive by the time they were admitted.

The majority of cases were not detected until patients underwent standard Covid tests, carried out on everyone admitted to hospital for any reason.

Overall, 56 per cent of Covid hospitalisations fell into this category, the data, seen by The Telegraph, show.

Crucially, this group does not distinguish between those admitted because of severe illness, later found to be caused by the virus, and those in hospital for different reasons who might otherwise never have known that they had picked it up.

Last month, health officials instructed NHS trusts to provide "a breakdown of the current stock of Covid patients", splitting it into those who were in hospital primarily because of the virus and those there for other reasons. So far, NHS England has failed to publish this data.

However, the patterns shown in the leaked figures – with the vast majority of hospital Covid cases being diagnosed after admission, in some cases weeks later – suggest it includes large numbers likely to have been admitted for other reasons.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

You could read it that way, Broccers, if you had an agenda. You could also note the sentence: "Crucially, this group does not distinguish between those admitted because of severe illness, later found to be caused by the virus, and those in hospital for different reasons who might otherwise never have known that they had picked it up."

So they don't know and are reading what they want to into the data. If everyone who was admitted with breathing difficulties turned out to have them because they had COVID which wasn't tested until they were admitted, it would give the same data.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

You could read into it that those admitted with other conditions caught and were killed by covid while in hospital.

That is probably true if they were induced into a coma and put on a ventilator as this initial treatment sealed your fate.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Back in the first wave it was impossible to get a test unless you were hospitalised with COVID symptoms.
Cheers, Harry
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

We're off to Soctland tomorrow - just watching Nicola go through her daily misery briefing - when will it end? :lol: :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:03 pm We're off to Soctland tomorrow - just watching Nicola go through her daily misery briefing - when will it end? :lol: :lol:
When you leave to come home.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:06 pm
Broccers wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:03 pm We're off to Soctland tomorrow - just watching Nicola go through her daily misery briefing - when will it end? :lol: :lol:
When you leave to come home.
Yes I am looking foward to seeing all the happy smiling faces :lol:
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Everyone a bit miserable looking in Birchover.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mr_jon wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:29 pm Everyone a bit miserable looking in Birchover.
Is it raining there too
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Had another blood test last week, my liver function has dropped, but it still high (this is 8 full weeks since I had the first jab).
Had an ultrasound Thursday to check my liver and all is normal.
Got to wait 2 weeks to see my GP again to discuss, still don't know if I can get my 2nd jab yet, but I have rebooked for a few days after on the assumption I can.

BTW I tested positive for antibodies before my first jab (on the ONS study).
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Spent a few days in London doing touristy stuff and was pleasantly surprised at people being considerate about masks indoors. In between being randomly drowned by rain then burnt by the sun I discovered a thick luxurious beard and a mask make for a sweaty face very quickly. Should have shaved.

A completely random observation was that the only supercars I saw were Aventadors, and there were three of them.

And the city seemed awash with Bucks and Hens parties at all hours of the day, not sure if that's a Covid catchup thing or just Summer in London.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Second Pfizer this morning, I can feel the dead arm on the way, let's just hope that's as far as it goes. :|
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/8/3 ... id-returns

Media getting ready to whip this up more. The numbers are so tiny and is noone in china vaxinated?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

RobYob wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:53 pm Spent a few days in London doing touristy stuff ... Covid catchup thing...
Shouldn't have put "Covid" and "Catch" in the same sentence should I. :cry:
Damn filthy cityfolk.

Wrote off a sore throat mid last week as hayfever. Got aches and shakes on Friday and got the positive feedback we all crave from the NHS Saturday.
Now in Isolation for another week. Not feeling too bad thankfully, just fever coming and going every few hours which is really weird. Feeling good, then feeling bad, then good, then bad again.

Very glad of having had the vacinnation as my daughter who is too young to be elligible is having it much worse than I. Bizarrely Mrs Yob has identical symptoms to me but has tested negative twice, both at home and the drive through PCR, I keep telling her to stop faking it as she's not fooling anyone. She might throw something at me had she strength. :?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Hopefully you’re back to full fitness soon @RobYob. It does sound properly miserable and has absolutely floored some of the guys at work here.

Spotted this on Twitter earlier. I like the cut of his gib.

Cheers,

Mike.