Coronavirus

GG.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GG. »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:15 pm I suspect as much as anything they got pilloried for opening up too quickly last time, so they figure doing it again would be a bad move politically.

I'd love to open up sooner, but I sense that caution has a lot of public support (if not majority then very vocal minority).
Yes totally understand why they're doing it. Sadly two wrongs don't make a right.
mik

Post by mik »

Pidgin intermission. 😎

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Booked for lateral flow test on Saturday morning. My postcode is one that’s highlighted on national news for South African variant
Simon

Post by Simon »

Well after some of our friends (between 27 and 45) have all randomly been invited to their vaccinations (and no good reason for any of them), my at risk-group sister-in-law-deputy-headteacher is finally getting stabbed on Sunday.

And my pregnant sister-in-law now has coronavirus (Brazil, so likely that strain), and her husband is showing symptoms (lack of smell etc). Need to get the whole family tested really as they had the gender reveal at the weekend and everyone was there..
The artist formerly known as _Who_
tim

Post by tim »

If you didn't know you can order lateral flow tests in packs of 7 off the gov website and they come next day. Mine showed up today.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

tim wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:57 pm If you didn't know you can order lateral flow tests in packs of 7 off the gov website and they come next day. Mine showed up today.
No kids and don’t work in a school so I don’t qualify for ordering them
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Simon wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:54 pm Well after some of our friends (between 27 and 45) have all randomly been invited to their vaccinations (and no good reason for any of them), my at risk-group sister-in-law-deputy-headteacher is finally getting stabbed on Sunday.

And my pregnant sister-in-law now has coronavirus (Brazil, so likely that strain), and her husband is showing symptoms (lack of smell etc). Need to get the whole family tested really as they had the gender reveal at the weekend and everyone was there..
Gender reveal parties must count as a WMD at this point.
An absolute unit
Simon

Post by Simon »

LOL. You know how the difference between normal life and quarantine over there?

On a normal day they all meet up for BBQs, big family get togethers, eating out etc etc.

When they're quarantining they do everything _exactly_ the same, but when asked say 'yeah I'm quarantining'.

My brother in law even went into their business (they just opened a hardware store) to provide lunch time cover for the guys in there to go to lunch, rather than simply close up for an hour. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Simon wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:54 pm Well after some of our friends (between 27 and 45) have all randomly been invited to their vaccinations (and no good reason for any of them).
Carers.
Mark_bt52

Post by Mark_bt52 »

"Gender reveal parties"

What?
Nissan GT-R / Audi S4./ BMW 530d
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Mark_bt52 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:47 am "Gender reveal parties"

What?
Yep. Its that fashionable to have a new gender they are even holding parties for them ;)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Carlos wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:46 am
Simon wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:54 pm Well after some of our friends (between 27 and 45) have all randomly been invited to their vaccinations (and no good reason for any of them).
Carers.
Nope. One works in travel, so is furloughed at present. Another is a stay at home Mum.Another works in a recording studio, etc etc.
Simon

Post by Simon »

What?
Come on Mark, you know the score. You fill a huge balloon with blue or pink glitter, invite the family over, then throw a dead cow at the balloon so it pops and you have a dead cow covered in blue or pink glitter lying on the ground surrounded by a bunch of family members who are smiling politely but who are actually disappointed and a bit dead inside.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

History of asthma? Was talking to a youngish guy at work the other day who'd just had his vaccine. Said they cited a history of asthma, even though he doesn't suffer badly with it.

Based on the media stories today, this asthma thing is getting treated differently depending on your GP (and probably how many doses they have going in any given area).
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

With asthma I read that it depends on the type of inhaler you take which classifies the covid risk.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Simon wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:05 pm

What?
Come on Mark, you know the score. You fill a huge balloon with blue or pink glitter, invite the family over, then throw a dead cow at the balloon so it pops and you have a dead cow covered in blue or pink glitter lying on the ground surrounded by a bunch of family members who are smiling politely but who are actually disappointed and a bit dead inside.
You forgot about the ritual setting of a forest fire with a pink or blue pipe bomb.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:55 pm With asthma I read that it depends on the type of inhaler you take which classifies the covid risk.
Makes sense - there are two types - bronchodilators and steroidal. Steroids are an immunosupressant so potentially could make Covid worse.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Just had my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I’m braced for feeling miserable this weekend and have stocked up on carbohydrates, paracetamol and Netflix.

I’ve also laminated my vaccine card because (1) I’d be kicking myself if I ruined it and then couldn’t do stuff (2) who doesn’t love laminating.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Interesting that the Pfizer vaccine makes you feel rough, everyone I know who has had the Pfizer vaccine only had some arm pain whereas the AZ one seems to be a right bastard and gives flu like symptoms for a few days.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’m not sure what one she had but my partner had one of the vaccine last week. She felt rough for a couple of days, a really sore arm along with achey joints and weariness in general. She was fine by the end of the weekend though.
An absolute unit