Coronavirus

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ascender »

Up here the pubs & restaurants ban is being extended and we're moving to a tiered system too.....

Got a call to say its my girl who has to self-isolate so my boy is delighted and can continue to go out for kickabouts with his friends. Nobody has a high temp or any other symptoms here at the moment either.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

My boy has to self isolate too because some girl in his year who he never sees or mixes with has tested positive today. He's a bit gutted as he was going to go mudpluging with his Grandad in the discovery tomorrow. Have to do our bit, so we'll keep an eye on him and we won't mix with anyone until he's clear.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Its mad they are arguing the toss over 65 million when to date, they have spunked 12 BILLION on the track and trace app that neither tracks or traces.
Must be a different money tree involved🤷‍♂️
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

unzippy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:30 pm Its mad they are arguing the toss over 65 million when to date, they have spunked 12 BILLION on the track and trace app that neither tracks or traces.
Must be a different money tree involved🤷‍♂️
It's not even that - it's £5m they were arguing over! :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

We only got 41 million and just took it. I see this as an oppo to save some money by not going out for the next forever.

In some ways I really do hope the reaction in completely over the top but in others it's very depressing as very shortly people will not get their mortgages paid for.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

It’s OK, it’s not ending soon. We’ve been giving out used swabs to encourage cross-contamination.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... m-54539328
Simon

Post by Simon »

I see the Welsh leaders have told Supermarkets to sell 'essential items only'.

WTF? Who is going to define what's 'essential' and WTF difference does it make if you're at the supermarket for your shopping anyway then buying some non-essential stuff makes no difference to anyone.

Like that dickhead in Scotland who's told people to prepare for a 'digital Christmas'. Some advisors in this pandemic need to wind their necks in. It's their job to advise only, and it's the ELECTED politicians to make the rules for the populations they serve. No-one elected that twat advisor and he's not there to make rules.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Simon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:19 am I see the Welsh leaders have told Supermarkets to sell 'essential items only'.

WTF? Who is going to define what's 'essential' and WTF difference does it make if you're at the supermarket for your shopping anyway then buying some non-essential stuff makes no difference to anyone.
Because if normal shops have to shut, such as local independents that might sell clothing etc, it's then mighty unfair that supermarkets should be able to continue to sell the same goods. I imagine that's the logic anyway
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s fine, fuck them both over via online sales.
How about not having a sig at all?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:31 am
Simon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:19 am I see the Welsh leaders have told Supermarkets to sell 'essential items only'.

Because if normal shops have to shut, such as local independents that might sell clothing etc, it's then mighty unfair that supermarkets should be able to continue to sell the same goods. I imagine that's the logic anyway
Yep that was clarified yesterday and shopping even for George clothing is a hobby for some people so this removes the temptation to nip to Asda for a browse.

I'm hoping this breaks the chain and allows us to have a relatively normal November and December.
Simon

Post by Simon »

But what does the law actually say?

I remember an over zealous copper trying this line on Twitter at the first lockdown and many people, including Secret Barrister, pointing out it's not down to the law to dictate what people can and cannot buy. If a shop is allowed to open then people are free to buy whatever from it, period.
Simon

Post by Simon »

And this is exactly it:
huh.jpg
huh.jpg (188.89 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
'Hey you, you can't sell certain products'.

'OK which ones?'

'We're not going to tell you'.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

There's some cracking responses to this on Twitter.

A personal favourite lol

"Absolute bollocks. Abdullah who runs my local shop is a legend and will sell anything he damn well pleases. The ‘out of date’ trolley is my personal fave. I had 6 Peroni’s, 2 tins of alphabetti spaghetti and a packet of wagon wheels for £2.50 the other day. #truestory #uppaAbdul"
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Another amazing idea

National and local planning has allowed supermarkets to muscle out local businesses of all kinds for years. Now that it would be useful to limit the amount of different places people go to and keep small stores that can't socially distance closed, they try and enforce limits on what the supermarkets do.
An absolute unit
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's just the whole idea that anyone can define 'essential'. You frivolous might be my essential and vice-versa. If I were self employed and my ability to earn money and survive meant that I needed to buy a new widget from Tesco, who happened to have it in stock, then what business is it of the government or anyone to say that it isn't essential? The answer? It isn't.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Simon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:16 pm It's just the whole idea that anyone can define 'essential'. You frivolous might be my essential and vice-versa. If I were self employed and my ability to earn money and survive meant that I needed to buy a new widget from Tesco, who happened to have it in stock, then what business is it of the government or anyone to say that it isn't essential? The answer? It isn't.
TBH they should simply have said that they can only sell groceries or somesuch.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

What if you have a soilage accident when outside and can’t buy new pants?!
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Didn’t we have this discussion back in March when people were getting told off for buying Easter eggs because they weren’t essential...
Cheers, Harry
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yes. It's bollocks. Unless it's in the law there's little anyone can do.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Didn't realise they were shutting local shops, our local shop was a life saver during the lockdown when everyone had raided the supermarket.