Coronavirus

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:32 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:30 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Is this some freak humour? Just checkin.
seriously?!
sERIOUSly ?

Wai ==t for 3 o cluck noubbers
Possibly the funniest post on here since OV9 came into existence. Save this one for the end of year awards.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

As per the Boxster thread, he's been drinking and I'm jealous :(
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Fucking hell, Broccers is a terrible drunk :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:46 pm Fucking hell, Broccers is a terrible drunk :lol: :lol: :lol:
Easy to wind up.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:15 pm
Gwaredd wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:46 pm Fucking hell, Broccers is a terrible drunk :lol: :lol: :lol:
Easy to wind up.
Definitely! you really are!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:24 pm
Easy to wind up.
Definitely! you really are!
:lol: if you SAY SO.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Easy to wind up.
tHiS MAkeS n0 seNcE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it's like a cat walking on a fucking keyboard tonight :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

This tier thing - what a load of utter shite. Jump in your car and go somewhere else.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The whole tier thing is a confusing mess. Am I right in seeing that the advisors at SAGE recommended a two week lockdown a few weeks back (which I guess is where the rumour came from) to try and nip this in the bud again?
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

And all the while the WHO are trying to get Govt's the world over to stop relying on locking down...
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 am And all the while the WHO are trying to get Govt's the world over to stop relying on locking down...
Is that in favour of switching to the herd immunity approach?
Cheers,

Mike.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Much as it pains me to bring up the issue of the government "dishing out multi-million pound contracts to their mates" again, it looks like some of their chickens might be coming home to roost:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... n801_DRMG4

For those who previously quibbled about the semantics of my statement that the government was awarding mulit-million pound contracts to organisations they had uncomfortably close connections with, without a proper procurement process or oversight, here is a quote from Jolyon Maugham QC, leading the legal action:

"What we know about the government's procurement practices during this pandemic gives real cause for concern. Huge sums of public money have been awarded to companies with no discernible expertise. Sometimes the main qualification seems to be a political connection with key government figures. And I have seen evidence that government is sometimes paying more to buy the same product from those with political connections. We don't know what else there is to discover because the government is deliberately keeping the public in the dark."
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ascender wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:20 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 am And all the while the WHO are trying to get Govt's the world over to stop relying on locking down...
Missed this yesterday. No in short. They've gone as far as saying that adopting the herd immunity argument is immoral. I'm not quite sure what measures they are advocating though, tbh.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Sounds like they’re turning into a political party now 😂

“You’re approach is wrong and we will happily state so without contributing any useful advice ourselves”

Anyway the WHO are some of the biggest cunts in all this.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:14 am
Ascender wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:20 pm
Missed this yesterday. No in short. They've gone as far as saying that adopting the herd immunity argument is immoral. I'm not quite sure what measures they are advocating though, tbh.
"Test, test, test" [and trace]... forever?

I actually think the clip of Ghebreyesus was cut short and the presumably the full quote was "Test, test, testicles - we have no idea what we're doing!"
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

This thing is not going away with a few lockdowns, widespread immunity is the only way it will be manageable in the long term. Ideally with a vaccine but no guarantee on that.

They need to manage the spread so the hospitals can cope, but no point in thinking you've cracked it because the cases drop down, without a good spread of immunity you're just going to get it flare up every time someone lands from elsewhere in the world.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

The rationale of a lockdown to allow us to get back on top of test and trace is a fallacy. There's no hope of the government delivering the improvements to the service to allow it to function better.

My routine swab posted on Friday morning only came back with a result this morning at 7am. I know of countless people who have had such a poor experience following the rules - e.g. swabbing their febrile child then finding they are locked down for days waiting for the result - that they will not be doing so in future.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Agreed, but hypothetically even if they got on top of test as trace and case numbers were low, it's not a permanent solution (unless the entire world got on top of test and trace). It'll always come back.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

We really have to hope that this thing doesn't mutate quickly, otherwise sadly we're probably going to have to live with it the way we live with flu.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

With the schools going back, will that not help with herd immunity? Our kids' high school have had two cases since they went back, both minor, but when you have that many children mixing, surely there's strains of covid and everything else going around, from family to family all the time?

Its pretty depressing that we're now here, in to autumn/winter flu season and no vaccine, with cases going up and hospitals getting ready to be swamped again. Which, if nothing else, means other treatments are going to suffer as they all staff in to cover covid cases.
Cheers,

Mike.