jamcg

Caroline flack

Post by jamcg »

Yup, Reportedly found dead in her flat

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co ... 46583/amp/
NotoriousREV

Re: Caroline flack

Post by NotoriousREV »

Really shocked by that. Clearly lost the battle with her demons over the last couple of months. What a waste.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m not surprised, thought she had problems with her mental health. What a shame though.
How about not having a sig at all?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:52 pm Really shocked by that. Clearly lost the battle with her demons over the last couple of months. What a waste.
This. I am actually saddened that such a young person has lost their life, regardless of what was currently in the media no one should be in such a position. I know there’s a bit of thing about 2020 being the year to look after yourself, we need to make mental health the number 1 priority for people.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Sentiments in above posts echoed here. Very sad ☹️
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Yes, very sad 😔
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
John

Post by John »

She must have been in a bad place but to be honest it didn't come as a total surprise to me when I heard the news :(
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

It's a shame she's decided that was the only way out. As mentioned such a waste. I used to enjoy her presenting extra camp when she did that.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I have to say I was very surprised when I heard it on the radio. Such a shame. What a poor troubled soul.

Rest in Peace.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

Tragic.

And shit.

I echoe the RibMan’s thoughts below. She’s gone from being a press darling to being torn apart by the tabloids. Guilty before the trial. Long sufferer of mental problems they have told their readers. Which may be true, or more likely total and utter pish - but she certainly had them once she’d been vilified.

RIP.

Beany

Post by Beany »

Don't panic, according to the Daily Mails use of words, she's still alive!

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:cry: :x
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:54 pm I’m not surprised, thought she had problems with her mental health.
How did you form this opinion? Step back please and consider your rationale
John

Post by John »

The Daily Mail once lifted something I posted on boatshoes and printed it as a "source".
evostick

Post by evostick »

I'd honestly never heard of her before she made the news yesterday.

RIP anyway.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Same here, was entirely oblivious to her life. Sounds like she got turned on by the shitrags though, they really are well past their sell by date.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Quite touching on Instagram, a lot of celebrities posting their own tributes but seems many genuinely were friends and she seems to have been very well liked. As others have said it appears the bashing the press have given her lately, possibly combined with her own mental health have made her take this step. I hope things like this can finally make someone hold the press to account, they obviously have to report the news but there’s no care for the people behind the articles
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Must say I didn’t follow it much, just knew that she lamped her boyfriend. CPS didn’t do her much favour either, maybe if she wasn’t separated and made to spend the last few months without him this wouldn’t have happened as they seemed to genuinely love each other and all couples have the odd fight.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

If a male celeb had smashed a lamp over his female partner and had the police called, I don’t think there would be much sympathy. Just because the victim doesn’t want to press charges does not mean the CPS were victimising her. It’s entirely common in domestic abuse situations that the victim won’t pursue charges.

Just a shame the CPS didn’t pursue Rebekah Brooks when she used to abuse her husband, Ross Kemp.

It’s sad that she has died. She was very professional in her telly work (after sharking 17 year old Harry Styles at least). I think that’s quite a contrast from her personal life.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

It's a real shame she felt like that was the only way out, especially at the age of 40.

Lots of stuff on social media today about how she's been treated by the tabloids and ITV, but I can't see anything changing as this exact thing plays out time and time again.
Cheers,

Mike.