Scooters

V8Granite

Scooters

Post by V8Granite »

My eldest wants a 2 wheeled scooter.

Is this a black hole of un-cool choices or are they all pretty much the same?

Any good brands to look at ?

They all sound like rattly crap to me as everyone has a stunt one of some kind, this fad has passed me by completely.

Dave!
tim

Re: Scooters

Post by tim »

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Razr. Job jobbed. The one with the sparky brakes.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Razr, JD Bug or Micro (if they are young and you want the odd 3 wheeled ones) seem to be the best and last well, we had a few cheapies initially but they were shite and fell apart. Both JD's lasted well and are still usuable now (even at over 10 years old). Don't get a folder unless you need to transport it as when they start with the inevitible stunts the mechanisms can't cope and they collapse. The worst thing about them is that they always swing around when you move them in the garage and twat you square in the ankle bone and it bloody hurts!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

He is already doing big skids, arcing round corners with a leg hanging off, bunny hopping up kerbs etc.

I shall have a peruse, need to get the wife to measure his 3 wheeler first.

Much appreciated folks.

Dave!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:58 am He is already doing big skids, arcing round corners with a leg hanging off, bunny hopping up kerbs etc.
By contrast, my 8 year old has only just got a 3 wheeler Micro Maxi, which she can just about push along. She's a bit lacking in the physical grace and dexterity department. My wife can't ride a bike so I'm blaming her genes :)
Left over crest; tightens.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Nitro Circus Matt Black one ordered, I shall enjoy the trips to A+E :roll:

Dave!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

That boney bit of your ankle that sticks out is like a magnet to these things. I recommend finding your local ramp/BMW/skate place and letting him go for it. Bones heal, chicks dig scars, and America has the best Doctor to Daredevil ratio in the world.
Middle-aged Dirtbag