New Top Gear

Simon

Re: New Top Gear

Post by Simon »

I really really like the Taycan. If I had the money for a sports car that's where it'd go, no question. It's electric, so as a second car, natch ;) But the 2 speed gearbox, the work that's gone into the battery management, the way it handles. All so much better than a fart machine.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Bemuses me a bit that we've spent the last 20 years bemoaning cars getting heavier and heavier, casting frustrated glances towards RS6 Audis and the like and their two tonne plus kerbweights, and yet Porsche release an electric car weighing mostly the same if not more, and everybody calls it a sportscar.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:29 pm Bemuses me a bit that we've spent the last 20 years bemoaning cars getting heavier and heavier, casting frustrated glances towards RS6 Audis and the like and their two tonne plus kerbweights, and yet Porsche release an electric car weighing mostly the same if not more, and everybody calls it a sportscar.
Centre of gravity is going to be several feet lower than your typical SUV though isn't it. GTR and Veyron helped to reframe the mass vs performance argument too.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Having driven the GTS Panamera and my hybrid, I know which one handles better - the 300kgs of batteries in mine means it just goes around corners, it doesn't offer up any options to adjust things. I've not seen the feature, but presumably it's the usual 'stick-n-go' around the circuit and not necessarily talking about nuanced handling?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:40 pm I've not seen the feature
You want that other thread, "People not watching Topgear"
scotta

Post by scotta »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:40 pm Having driven the GTS Panamera and my hybrid, I know which one handles better - the 300kgs of batteries in mine means it just goes around corners, it doesn't offer up any options to adjust things. I've not seen the feature, but presumably it's the usual 'stick-n-go' around the circuit and not necessarily talking about nuanced handling?
didnt look particularly stick and go at 2:00

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep, that’ll be 700 pixie donkeys and software allowing that. Did seem to corner very flat and nicely in the hot lap though.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Now that Baja feature was genuinely gripping and superb 😎
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Have just undone all the good work by having Laurence Fox on however.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

When the Baja feature started I thought that POS won’t make it to the end. Shame it ended early otherwise they may have left out the SIARPC shite.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Maurice wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:31 pm Have just undone all the good work by having Laurence Fox on however.
i ffwded the “star” bit, but I genuinely did not recognise the guy at all. Is he famous?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

No idea who either of them were.

Thought it was all set to be a terrible episode but enjoyed the Megane bit with several chuckles and banter that seems more natural and less scripted than any of the other presenter combinations top gear has had.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I want to know what nutter would spend £72k on a Megane :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:17 pm I want to know what nutter would spend £72k on a Megane :lol:
I’ll let you know when one turns up to the local car meet in about a fortnights time :lol:

How many are going to try and get their old Meganes to look the same and claim they’re 95% the same for a fraction of the price?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Rich B wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:02 pm
Maurice wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:31 pm Have just undone all the good work by having Laurence Fox on however.
i ffwded the “star” bit, but I genuinely did not recognise the guy at all. Is he famous?
I had no idea who he was until there was a kerfuffle on twitter recently where it appears he's a bit of a right wing racist cvnt.

Emilia Fox is a proper honey though.
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

£20k+ of that is CF wheels and ceramic brakes.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

He was married to Billie Piper.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

unzippy wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:59 pm He was married to Billie Piper.
is that what he’s famous for?! They’re scraping the barrel this season!
scotta

Post by scotta »

Rich B wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:02 pm
I did also wonder “Who the fox that?”
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:17 pm I want to know what nutter would spend £72k on a Megane :lol:
I just checked and both of my hands are firmly down.