New Top Gear

mik

Re: New Top Gear

Post by mik »

It doesn’t entertain me. It’s like an alternative Dead Parrot sketch with different actors in different clothes. Every episode.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

The RS6 now just looks ridiculous and not in a good way. That front gap (or air vent?) between the bonnet and the bumper just looks horrid.
M235i
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Ah, the family enjoyed it. And who doesn't love cars getting smashed up?

As has been said a billion times, the nerdy car stuff is on YouTube now, where there's a plethora of information on car minutiae. Top Gear is a car base family entertainment show. It shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp!
Cheers.

Gwaredd
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Enjoyed that, enjoyed seeing Paddy almost drowned quite a lot.

If I were Pininfarina I'd have bought every Focus CC ever made and burned them, what an embarassement.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Rs6 looks absurd, like a cartoon or hot wheels version with wheels not quite to the right scale. No want factor from me I’m afraid.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

RobYob wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:59 am Enjoyed that, enjoyed seeing Paddy almost drowned quite a lot.

If I were Pininfarina I'd have bought every Focus CC ever made and burned them, what an embarassement.
i think I must have dozed off at that bit.
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 pm Bit ironic that Chris was so frustrated at the “buy write offs and smash them up” criticism last week, when they just destroyed 3 (old) cars for shits n giggles this week. :roll:

Of course it was completely set up, but I don’t expect the rest of the hire car community will be greatly impressed...

Amazed the Urus beat the big RS6 lap time. The latter is 374.6% more desirable to me.
I suggest looking away from all social channels next Sunday in which case... it’s Skoda Endurance weekend for myself [mention]Nefarious[/mention] and my brother.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

scotta wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:15 pm
I suggest looking away from all social channels next Sunday in which case... it’s Skoda Endurance weekend for myself @Nefarious and my brother.
Need to see what you've done to the car :D

The pointless crashing down the ski slope just felt entirely predictable. I don't hate how the Focus CC :oops: but it was understeering more than a bit. Urus was impressive. Nice water ski pull/wheel winch mechanism.
Left over crest; tightens.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

JonMad wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:47 pm
I suggest looking away from all social channels next Sunday in which case... it’s Skoda Endurance weekend for myself @Nefarious and my brother.

The pointless crashing down the ski slope just felt entirely predictable. I don't hate how the Focus CC :oops: but it was understeering more than a bit. Urus was impressive. Nice water ski pull/wheel winch mechanism.
It looked OK compared to the first-gen Focus Saloon which was an absolute abomination. I guess Pininfarina still need to keep the money coming in when the big boys aren't keeping them busy enough. Or maybe they throw projects like that to the work experience lads.

Was enjoyed by all, but the ski slope stuff felt like it had been done before I guess. Which it had. And better.
Cheers,

Mike.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Ascender wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 pm

It looked OK compared to the first-gen Focus Saloon which was an absolute abomination. I guess Pininfarina still need to keep the money coming in when the big boys aren't keeping them busy enough. Or maybe they throw projects like that to the work experience lads.

Was enjoyed by all, but the ski slope stuff felt like it had been done before I guess. Which it had. And better.
My dad had a 2l one for 10yrs, i thought it looked great in bright red with gun metal alloys. It kept really well and surprisingly the roof worked as well when he sold it as when it was new.

As a NCG convertible it was a cracking car.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

So was the Urus a breathed on example given it was on Italian plates? It's been out in the UK for months and the drive in segments were only recorded last month-ish and it was there then :D

Nice to see the laps are well and truly back, best bit of the show.

Hopefully kids under 12 enjoyed the rest of the programme, I actually know what Mik means about destroying cars for the sake of it, it's not that entertaining.. unless you're 12 ;)

Buggered if I know how to write an amusing episode though :)
Simon

Post by Simon »

I found the episode so boring. I even fast forwarded through some bits. Urus is foul. RS6 is dull. Smashing up cars for the sake of it is pointless. I can't shake the feeling that Flintoff just comes across as a bit of a bully and a thug.

Hopefully it's better next week.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Not much beyond fixing and basic prep!

New, semi-decent brake pads. Refurb discs and calipers. Fluid replaced with Type 200.
Rusted exhaust replaced with straight pipe to back box
Washer bottle replaced with 4L audi A6 one
Bottle of K-seal to plug rad
Cargo net over drivers window
Removal of airbags and airbag ECU
Replacement battery

I think that's about it
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Excellent - good luck!
Left over crest; tightens.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

What’s happened to poor Frentzen :shock: :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Astin Murtin
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I enjoyed that, even if it was cruel showing Wales when we can't go there :evil:
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:18 pm What’s happened to poor Frentzen :shock: :lol:
Time. You've not seen him for 20 years and he's now 53.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

They missed a trick on the cruise control lap - they could have used the adaptive cruise and got another car in from to "toe" them round. Mine will brake pretty heavily when needed.
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:11 am They missed a trick on the cruise control lap - they could have used the adaptive cruise and got another car in from to "toe" them round. Mine will brake pretty heavily when needed.
And it could have comically failed leading to cars comically driving into each other, for comedy. Missed opportunity indeed.