New Top Gear

Jimmy Choo

Re: New Top Gear

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:17 am
Mito Man wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:21 pmThe Ferrari was rolled back and the subsequent mileage increases point to having its speedo cable unplugged.
6 miles since 2016 (including the TG test in March!) 😂
I'm bored waiting for someone to fix a background process so looked at the MOT history of the Diabolo. It had an advisory on the nearside rear tyre on 4th May.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Watched the first two episodes over the last two nights. They were OK, not that much of a fan of the daft Ferrari bombing round at super speed and the car itself was not a looker.

Harris's face when presented with Flintoff's harris whilst he was between cars in the 24hr challenge was highly amusing and the banter is amusing. Overall, it was watchable TV though which puts it in a very small number of shows.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Gavin wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:10 am Overall, it was watchable TV though which puts it in a very small number of shows.
Really? You must be watching different TV to me! I find there's so many great shows it's hard to keep up. :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Gavin keeps it old school and only watches the 4 channels ;)
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:49 am Gavin keeps it old school and only watches the 4 channels ;)
8-) Retro.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:49 am Gavin keeps it old school and only watches the 4 channels ;)
4 channels? You mean he watches that modern Channel 4 filth? Dirty bastard.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cheeky buggers.

I don't watch a lot of TV TBH. I did like the fishing program with Bob Mortimer and Fast Show chap. Also pretty happy about Portrait Artist of the year starting again on Sky Arts.

Also re-watching The Mandalorian in preparation for the new series due.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:14 pm
4 channels? You mean he watches that modern Channel 4 filth? Dirty bastard.
In the 15 months I've lived in my current house, the TV ariel has never worked. It's bothered me exactly twice and both times was when I had to stream channel 4 live on my computer rather than the Smart TV.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

Chris Harris fake laughing on the off road course when the others “crashed” into each other, painful
BenP
Currently Driving: Mercedes GLC250
Ford Fiesta 1.4 Titanium

Post by BenP »

Quite enjoying the new series. Mostly good watching, only finding myself distracted by the internet A few times each episode.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Other than the last couple of minutes with the hire car man it was amusing and watchable and I wasn’t embarrassed watching it with the mrs in the room.
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

Bit ironic that Chris was so frustrated at the “buy write offs and smash them up” criticism last week, when they just destroyed 3 (old) cars for shits n giggles this week. :roll:

Of course it was completely set up, but I don’t expect the rest of the hire car community will be greatly impressed...

Amazed the Urus beat the big RS6 lap time. The latter is 374.6% more desirable to me.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That RS6 rolled more than a Cadillac, wtf was going on there?
In some ways I’m not surprised that the Urus was quicker, better tyres, better engine mapping, better suspension and it only looked a smidge taller and bigger - I imagine it probably was only a little heavier too as everything seems to weigh just over 2 tonnes now.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

The RS6 can still be had either on air suspension or with the DRC linked dampers, I think - the car driven by Stig was clearly on the air. Not sure whether active anti-roll bars are available but they’re a wonderful thing, seemingly not discussed much.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Have seen two Uruses in the flesh round London now - both in an all black colour scheme. Thousand percent better than the lurid colours - almost desirable IMO and never thought I’d say that!

Clearly I’d still have RRS supercharged but I can now see why someone would buy one without being a trust fund kid that had been dropped on their head as a baby.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

mik wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 pm Bit ironic that Chris was so frustrated at the “buy write offs and smash them up” criticism last week, when they just destroyed 3 (old) cars for shits n giggles this week. :roll:

Of course it was completely set up, but I don’t expect the rest of the hire car community will be greatly impressed...

Amazed the Urus beat the big RS6 lap time. The latter is 374.6% more desirable to me.
Hardly destroyed compared to what the old Top Gear used to do.
mik

Post by mik »

Ach that’s OK then eh? :roll:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

mik wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:24 pm Ach that’s OK then eh? :roll:
They were old, relatively worthless cars, not brand new vehicles like used to happen.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Not just old, but crap undesirable ones. I bet the jimmy lived on anyway as an off-road plaything.

I have zero issues with them bashing a grands worth of focus and Kia up.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

surely no one can be dense enough to not understand the difference between trashing an appreciating limited edition future classic and a white goods rental car?