The hate for Meghan Markle

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: The hate for Meghan Markle

Post by Ascender »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:22 amI'm just wondering where all the hate for Meghan Markle is coming from?
The Daily Mail and Piers Morgan. HTH.

Taking out the blatant right wing racist element to some of the reporting I have seen, there's a whole other lot which seems to be struggling to come up with a coherent argument against them as a couple and what they're doing. "The Royals are just mooching off the taxpayer, get rid".

"Who do they think they are trying to be financially independent and turning their back on their duty".

Some of the stuff I've seen is pretty shameful. I literally could not give any less of a fuck about them - Harry seems like a pretty all round top bloke so good luck to the pair of them.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

But pushy woman Rev, you can't trust them :lol:.

As someone who doesn't actually give a shit about the royals, if all the Daily Mail columnists are on one side of an argument I know I'm going to be on the opposing side.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

I know - I appreciate that the conduit for these things are negative press reporting and articles but particularly with the videos, that's objective behavior that actually happened.

I don't think the 'Meghan is actually a humble un-pushy soul viciously mischaraterised by the press' argument really holds much water.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:58 am
drcarlos wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:51 am
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:20 am

Aye, there are quite a few people putting together lists of articles comparing how the same stories were reported for Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle. Stuff like pregnancy announcement etc. There's definitely been a negative slant on the reporting of Markle since she became involved with the royals.
It has been noted that these people cherry picked the best of kate/worst of meghan articles to support that viewpoint. Plenty of negatives were written about Kate and she had her fair share of crap from the press and lots of positive written about Meghan too when she first appeared about how happy she made Harry (he certainly deserved it). The turning point was the wedding and how she seemingly treated her father, but we may actually get the truth there at some point.
The articles were reporting the same subject matter in the same papers, the most ridiculous one being articles about the way they held their bumps while pregnant.

You're basing your opinion of what's happened on nothing but press hearsay.

TBH I'd be less inclined to trust the person running to the Daily Mail to complain about a family member than the person who's not saying anything.

ETA Ultimately it's none of our business anyway. Part of the issue seems to be the entitlement of royal fans, people like Piers Morgan complaining that they didn't let people see their baby quickly enough is fucking creepy.
And Buzzfeed are the paragon of imparitality? They are like the most partizan site on the planet if they get a sniff of hyperbole/racism/homophobia/division.

I've just clicked through and actually read said articles on the bump instead of just relying on Buzzfeeds very negative partizan assessment of them both.
The Meghan article is actually largely positive with the positive contributers outweighing the negative by a massive 11 - 2 Margin, like I said it won't stop buzzfeed stirring the shit though will it by putting one of about two negative lines on their site and relying on people either not to remember or to click through to the articles.
The article on Kate was pretty positive too, but as she is a mum to 2 already and this was child 3 she kept away from the limelight so there were few photo ops.
Both positive on the whole though.

That was the first and biggest comparison and was a bit of a nothing burger, the second comparison gets worse as William was 'given an Advocado by a fan' as they knew that Kate had morning sickness and apparently they are good for it, The Meghan article is that she likes Advocado and they are linked to crime and such like. They are literally linked by the word Advocado and that's it, you'd have to be some sort of special mental gymnast to link the two it's utterly stupid (and why Buzzfeed is such a toilet). I haven't got time to look at the rest and break them down for you, but it looks like the aritcle has had the desired effect with the outrage mobs.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:28 am I know - I appreciate that the conduit for these things are negative press reporting and articles but particularly with the videos, that's objective behavior that actually happened.

I don't think the 'Meghan is actually a humble un-pushy soul viciously mischaraterised by the press' argument really holds much water.
That isn’t the argument I’m making, at all. The argument I’m making is that you have made a judgement based entirely on what the press have chosen to show you.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

[mention]drcarlos[/mention] I never said that the articles are great journalism, they are after all gutter press speculation on people who have no input into what's being written.

Dismissing the bias in a headline is daft though, go through the comments on a Daily Mail article and it's clear most people never read past it.
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:33 am @drcarlos I never said that the articles are great journalism, they are after all gutter press speculation on people who have no input into what's being written.

Dismissing the bias in a headline is daft though, go through the comments on a Daily Mail article and it's clear most people never read past it.
The buzzfeed article is partizan, it cherry picked one negative line from one Daily Mail article (not even the headline) from a single contributor and has spun an entire article in that paper as being negative, when it blatantly isn't. The headline was a question being asked nothing more, questions can have positive and negative answers, the article was overwhelmingly positive but Buzzfeed chose to go with a single line to spin as negative knowing that people would just say Daily mail/gammon/rascist etc and not read it. That has now gone viral and just chucked petrol on a dumpster fire. They are cunts of the highest order.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Except the DM has been on the hate wagon against Meghan Merkle for years. Just look at, for example, the DMReporter feed on twitter.

They have been fuelling the hatred of them since the day they were rumoured to be a thing.

Also, it's partisan, I think partizan is something you get in german confectionary.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've not even seen the Buzzfeed article :lol:. There are loads of people talking about this stuff.

Do you work for the mail or something?
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Yep, it’s definitely Buzzfeed that’s the problem :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Beany wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:45 am for example, the DMReporter feed on twitter.
I have that feed open in another tab just now :lol:
An absolute unit
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

The British press are a bunch of cunts.
M235i
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:47 am
Beany wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:45 am for example, the DMReporter feed on twitter.
I have that feed open in another tab just now :lol:
'moon bump' is all I'll say about the sort of people who read the DM on this subject.

They're all fucking idiots.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:42 am
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:33 am @drcarlos I never said that the articles are great journalism, they are after all gutter press speculation on people who have no input into what's being written.

The buzzfeed article is partizan, it cherry picked one negative line from one Daily Mail article (not even the headline) from a single contributor and has spun an entire article in that paper as being negative, when it blatantly isn't. The headline was a question being asked nothing more, questions can have positive and negative answers, the article was overwhelmingly positive but Buzzfeed chose to go with a single line to spin as negative knowing that people would just say Daily mail/gammon/rascist etc and not read it. That has now gone viral and just chucked petrol on a dumpster fire. They are cunts of the highest order.
I think I am more pissy that if I decide I don't like her (like i said the jury is out until the court case for me) that I will be labelled Rascist because I feel she is bad person and it has sod all to do with her skin colour. I like Harry and thought she made him happy which I felt he deserved.
I've been off sick so have read and watched a lot of news over the past week or so and got a bit annoyed with the activist woman that was on this morning and GMB just saying because racism to literally everything and all she did was cite that same buzzfeed article as evidence.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

[mention]drcarlos[/mention] And you don’t like her because..?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've never once worried about being called racist for expressing a dislike for someone of a different race.

Maybe there's something deeper there :lol:.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:51 am that was on this morning and GMB
Yeah, don't watch those programs. They're both shit.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, I'd be mad as well if I had to watch Piers Morgan spit bile at a camera for hours in the morning.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don’t like her because of her stupid comments. There’s one way of not being liked and that’s telling people to live a certain way. You can be even more of a cunt by telling people to live a certain way and then doing the opposite of it.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Celebrity talks shite

It's a bit mental that this has been the main news for more than a week when we're just about to actually brexit ourselves into a bin.
An absolute unit