The hate for Meghan Markle

Gwaredd

The hate for Meghan Markle

Post by Gwaredd »

I'm just wondering where all the hate for Meghan Markle is coming from? She is being vilified in the press, yet I am to meet a single person with a dislike for her.

So my question is; do you or do you know anyone that has a dislike for her, and if so, why?

I'm expecting Broccers to come up trumps for me on this thread :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Re: The hate for Meghan Markle

Post by Broccers »

Because we're all racists
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Hate's a strong word but I don't particularly like her.

It would appear that she married into the royal family thinking the experience would be different that it actually is and now, she want's out. She's what, 7 or 8 in line for the throne so "Opening a Leisure Centre in Cleethorpes on a wet Wednesday" is her role while William and Kate (who will actually be King and Queen one day) go to the State Banquets.

Dropping all this on a 93 year old Queen who's 98 year old husband can't be far from death and who's just had to sack her son from Royal Duty lacks a degree of integrity in my book too...They could have waited.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

She’s just a not very likeable person that happens to be mixed race, but if anyone says anything they’re racist :lol:
And to be fair it’s mostly on her, she’s decided to engage in this tit for tat battle with the press and has thoroughly cucked Harry.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The whole thing confuses me - and the outrage for them wanting to step away from the official roles. It’s hardly surprising that a guy who saw his mother die from basically being hounded by the press is concerned about the affect press intrusion is having on his wife.

Plus most of our childhoods are filled with stories or princes and princesses not having to do their official role and longing for something else (see every Disney movie ever made.)

Good luck to them.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Think she went into the marriage thinking she could change a role that is pretty well carved in stone, wants her career back and wants to preach to her subjects, got a wake up call that wasn’t happening and is now moaning like fuck about it.
Seems manipulative but until her father goes to court I’ll be more apathetic than unapproving of her.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Unless anyone’s actually met her, they can’t possibly know if she’s “unlikeable” or otherwise. They can only have formed their impression of her via the press. And that’s the problem with this country at the moment.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
John

Post by John »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:40 am Because we're all racists
I didn't realise she was mixed race until I read an article about her :oops:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:07 am Unless anyone’s actually met her, they can’t possibly know if she’s “unlikeable” or otherwise. They can only have formed their impression of her via the press. And that’s the problem with this country at the moment.
Exactly.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:07 am Unless anyone’s actually met her, they can’t possibly know if she’s “unlikeable” or otherwise. They can only have formed their impression of her via the press. And that’s the problem with this country at the moment.
Aye, there are quite a few people putting together lists of articles comparing how the same stories were reported for Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle. Stuff like pregnancy announcement etc. There's definitely been a negative slant on the reporting of Markle since she became involved with the royals.
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

There we go, Rev, Zed and me in agreement. Thread closed.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

:lol:
An absolute unit
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Nope, I had never heard of her until they got engaged and then rarely been aware of her until this shamozzle.

It would appear certain newspapers (no prizes) had identical pictures of the pregnant princesses and Kate got the love and Meghan got attacked. It is not a hot topic though, I doubt all that many people give two fucks one way or another. The idea of a monarchy and singing "born to rule over us" is quite pathetic but on a personal level I wish them well away from the scummy British tabloids.

If I was a conspiracy theorist I might wonder at the massive hoohah just as BJ and his arsehole cabinet are steering us to catastrophe
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:22 am There we go, Rev, Zed and me in agreement. Thread closed.
I have noted this in my diary.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:20 am
Aye, there are quite a few people putting together lists of articles comparing how the same stories were reported for Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle. Stuff like pregnancy announcement etc. There's definitely been a negative slant on the reporting of Markle since she became involved with the royals.
It has been noted that these people cherry picked the best of kate/worst of meghan articles to support that viewpoint. Plenty of negatives were written about Kate and she had her fair share of crap from the press and lots of positive written about Meghan too when she first appeared about how happy she made Harry (he certainly deserved it). The turning point was the wedding and how she seemingly treated her father, but we may actually get the truth there at some point.

At the end of the day division and shock generates clicks and ad revenue so they all have a vested interest in people reading articles.

There were literally no articles on her prior to becoming involved, unless you were a suits fan you had no idea who she was and no one gave a toss, in a similar way to Jussie Smollet though his notoriety she was just another name on a cast list of many American drama shows (was it even broadcast in the UK?).
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

In my view I think the press are to blame with their awful behaviour. No one gives a fuck what they’re wearing, where they’re going, what they’re driving, which fashion label they have on. They get hounded if they’re not inch perfect. I can’t remember the press covering any of the positive work they’ve been doing and showing the British public something relevant.

I’m surprised the Royals have put up with it for this long and I can’t be surprised there’s been fall out over the terrible press coverage. Given what they go through I’d be all for putting rules in place to stop the press being so shitty toward them and I don’t even particularly like the Royal family (for the record I don’t dislike them either).
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:51 am
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:20 am
It has been noted that these people cherry picked the best of kate/worst of meghan articles to support that viewpoint. Plenty of negatives were written about Kate and she had her fair share of crap from the press and lots of positive written about Meghan too when she first appeared about how happy she made Harry (he certainly deserved it). The turning point was the wedding and how she seemingly treated her father, but we may actually get the truth there at some point.
The articles were reporting the same subject matter in the same papers, the most ridiculous one being articles about the way they held their bumps while pregnant.

You're basing your opinion of what's happened on nothing but press hearsay.

TBH I'd be less inclined to trust the person running to the Daily Mail to complain about a family member than the person who's not saying anything.

ETA Ultimately it's none of our business anyway. Part of the issue seems to be the entitlement of royal fans, people like Piers Morgan complaining that they didn't let people see their baby quickly enough is fucking creepy.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:50 am The whole thing confuses me - and the outrage for them wanting to step away from the official roles. It’s hardly surprising that a guy who saw his mother die from basically being hounded by the press is concerned about the affect press intrusion is having on his wife.

Plus most of our childhoods are filled with stories or princes and princesses not having to do their official role and longing for something else (see every Disney movie ever made.)

Good luck to them.
Sums up my view on the subject.

Slight caveat that they both knew what they were getting into, but that doesn't make it alright.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Difficult to reconcile that its all just fabricated, biased reporting when there are certain objective things that have got into the public consciousness such as the videos of her demonstrating pretty pushy / passive aggressive behaviour, e.g. gently nudging Harry in the small of his back on multiple occasions to signal to let her go first through doors or stop talking, stepping in front of him whilst he's talking to shut him off and then walking round the group they're talking to in front of him introducing herself to push herself to the forefront, etc.

There are also the stupid comments about 'we're having fewer kids to save the environment' then spending half their lives on jets flying back and forth across the Atlantic. People hate hypocrites and all that kind of preachy 'do as I say not as I do' sermonising from people in a position of privilege turns people against you pretty quickly.

I get the animosity toward the press, I really do - it would be hard not to have violently negative reactions to press intrusion given what happened to Diana, but equally - that doesn't all ring true given they're searching out the US limelight - it doesn't seem like the driving force behind this is to allow them to retreat from the public eye but to swap negative UK criticism for what they hope will be more positive US reporting whilst monetising their 'brand' - their new website for example is pretty cynical stuff.
Last edited by GG. on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

[mention]GG.[/mention] Who selectively put these videos together and published them? Who selected and published those comments?
Middle-aged Dirtbag