Ford Puma

integrale_evo

Ford Puma

Post by integrale_evo »

Not dead! Now just another shite mini SUV.

Front end looks like an over inflated f-type. Actually looks less like a Ford than the new Aston SUV abortion :lol:

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-puma?gc ... lsrc=aw.ds
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Re: Ford Puma

Post by Mito Man »

How have you only just heard about it?

Anyway according to some of the top journalists it’s the best car you can buy this year. There is no better car than the new Ford Puma. That’s right.
How about not having a sig at all?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ford really are burning their bridges with their ShitUV naming strategy aren't they?!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:14 pm There is no better car than the old Ford Puma. That’s right.
Yeah, we know it.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I'm glad it's getting good reviews. The proper ST version (rather than ST-Line) should be interesting, and to compare against a T-Roc R.
I read that the latter (well, the regular T-Roc) has a slightly higher seating position, which might be enough to convince my high-seating-position loving wife we need a 300bhp Golf R on stilts rather than a 200bhp Fiesta ST on stilts as a future-Yeti-replacement. As obviously there are no other candidate engines in either of those ranges that one could possibly look at.

Sadly the one car she keeps saying she likes when she sees it is the Ford EcoBoost. I am yet to point her to the review that describes it as 'dire'.
Left over crest; tightens.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Someone mentioned this to me last week, but as she was female, I just said she must be talking out her backside. Ford wouldn't just slap this iconic name on any old shit box.

Pumas rocked.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I saw one in the dealers the other week and had to take a picture

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

It popped up on my FB feed a long time ago as a load of old PumaPeople and ProjectPuma peeps are on my friends list from ye olden times when I had a Puma. From memory none of us were impressed.

Given how well received the Fusty ST has been a coupe based around it could have been awesome.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gavin wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:05 am
Given how well received the Fusty ST has been a coupe based around it would have added nothing.
EFA
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Just here to note the Mustang Mach E hit new levels of hatred towards the Ford marketing team.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Beany

Post by Beany »

Well at least if you spec the Mega Box it sounds like the boot floor won't rust out.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:59 am Just here to note the Mustang Mach E hit new levels of hatred towards the Ford marketing team.
It’s equality. Ford not only pissing off the Europeans with their Puma but the Americans too :lol:

Just waiting for the Ford GT E electric city car now.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

The new Ford Sapphire Cosworth electric SUV designed to rival the Q7 but with 150bhp and 500 mile range ought to sink the Ford brand.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:59 am Just here to note the Mustang Mach E hit new levels of hatred towards the Ford marketing team.
They're doing a Cupra with it, it doesn't have any Ford branding on it.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:18 pm
Mustangs have never had Ford branding on them, so the Cupra is copying the ‘stang ;)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s to make up for the hateful experience of visiting a Ford service centre as it’s enough to hate the blue oval.

That said it’s odd that they kept the Ford badges for the GT, could be that it’s a halo car and people will see a Ford GT and then buy a Fiesta because they have the same badge.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:22 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:18 pm
Mustangs have never had Ford branding on them, so the Cupra is copying the ‘stang ;)

Ah, yes, good point :oops:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:34 pm It’s to make up for the hateful experience of visiting a Ford service centre as it’s enough to hate the blue oval.

That said it’s odd that they kept the Ford badges for the GT, could be that it’s a halo car and people will see a Ford GT and then buy a Fiesta because they have the same badge.
The GT’s always had Ford badges on them, it’s only the Mustangs which have been the exception because it’s been a sort of brand within a brand thing.

You’re bang on about the dealers though, me and my family have always owned Fords (even worked for them!) but my experience with them over the past 18 months has made me buy elsewhere. Great cars but their dealers will sink them if they aren’t careful.