Christmas - what ya doing?

Mito Man

Re: Christmas - what ya doing?

Post by Mito Man »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:46 pm Hope you have a good one Mito... you deserve it..👍🏻
Ta :)
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

For the first time ever I shall be out for Crimbo lunch. Usually at my parents or mine so we are chancing it this year and walking 100yds to the village pub for lots of Tetley's and no hassles.

I'm still buying stuff to cook a Xmas lunch on another day.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Finished yesterday until 6 Jan. 6 of us at ours on Christmas Day but I’m not cooking this year (first time in about 7 or 8 years I haven’t cooked); just got to make sure I don’t interfere 😄

The usual trips to my sister’s then to my brother and sister in law on Christmas Eve afternoon; it’s my stepdaughter’s 17th birthday on 27th so there will be a first driving experience down the lane; and we’re off to Suffolk for new year. I reckon I’ll manage to relax a bit and finalise plans for 2020 in the gaps.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:37 am just got to make sure I don’t interfere 😄

I find this almost impossible and it drives my wife potty 😂😂
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

We’re the opposite. I leave her alone while she’s cooking but being a chef she can’t help herself and comes in to “give advice” while I’m cooking :lol:.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:04 am We’re the opposite. I leave her alone while she’s cooking but being a woman she can’t help herself and comes in to “give advice” while I’m cooking :lol:.
EFA

Usually in my case followed in short order by me asking if she wants to fecking cook and if nit can she piss off :lol:
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

My sister and her boyfriend moved to Liverpool earlier this year where he's originally from, before that she'd spent the last three Christmases with his family but this year we're going to Liverpool as well. So going to a Christmas Eve party that her boyfriends family are hosting, then for Christmas dinner we're going to a restaurant, I think just me, my dad and my sister, so there shouldn't be too much stress. Staying there until the 27th but don't have any other plans.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Last day yesterday (mostly spent in the pub). Off until the 6th too. We're up at mum's Xmas day and it'll just be the three of us, so quiet, but should be nice. 27th with the sister and family and 28th out with my buddies. Quiet NYE with the wife. So apart from the 28th pretty low key, perfect really.

Looking forward to the break to spend some time working out my next career move because I need a change.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Looking forward to January...
Beany

Post by Beany »

It's been so long since I've worked in a non 24hour cover business that I'm reading about you lot having all this time off and in getting jealous :lol:

Haven't yet hooked my brother into giving me a hand with the thermostat but I'll break him down yet ;)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mother in laws Christmas Day for lunch, hang around, eat lots, hopefully get pissed and have a snooze.

27th, to my parents. Will be my turn to drive so no booze 🙁

No other real plans, eat a fair bit, drink lots.
Cheers, Harry
Barry

Post by Barry »

Beany wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:54 pm It's been so long since I've worked in a non 24hour cover business that I'm reading about you lot having all this time off and in getting jealous :lol:
Did I mention I finished on 12th Dec, and had every Friday in November off 🖐️😎
Beany

Post by Beany »

Barry wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:54 pm
Beany wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:54 pm It's been so long since I've worked in a non 24hour cover business that I'm reading about you lot having all this time off and in getting jealous :lol:
Yeha, but you have to deal with Crunch, and that's an unfair comparison.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I'm cooking for us; me, wife, little un, mum, dad, gran and grandad. Then buffet for the people to follow in the evening on Xmas day.

Love having family time whilst my Grandad still is able to remember what's happening, diagnosed with Dementia a couple of months ago and my little boy really seems to make a positive change to him and brightens his day.

I've been off work since 28th November as so many days in lieu to take and I've been pretty bored so at least people are off with me now! Don't go back until 6th Jan so a couple of weeks left to have some family time now my wife is off, might go to Edinburgh for a few days of we get chance.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Beany wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:59 pm
Barry wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:54 pm
Yeha, but you have to deal with Crunch, and that's an unfair comparison.
Yeah, it's a hollow victory for that reason. Going to be very busy for a few months next year, really up against it on this one.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:24 am Well I did have firm plans for Christmas but kicking off with the squits 12 hours before I’m due to travel could make things very, very unplanned and difficult to manage.
Fortunately I didn't spread the contents of my insides all over the Dreamliner. My Christmas started over two weeks ago when I set off to Thailand, I'm back now and looking forward to the next few weeks seeing friends and family. Over a month off work in total and I think I needed it!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

At home with wife and kids for the day with our traditional Festive Sausages, mash and beans. Have sourced a Millennium Falcon Lego model (will be labelled to me from me :) ), not the really really huge one, just the quite large one, so will probably spend quite some time pissing off my wife by having parts spread through the kitchen etc

Going to visit various siblings up Aberdeen way between Christmas and New Year, may venture to Ingoland to visit some cousins but may not.

In all honesty I am also going to be keeping an eye on the Moaning sub for updates on Rev's festivities, sounds entertaining.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

What's the story with "Traditional Festive Sausage, Mash and Beans" ?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Not much. As years go by I hate Christmas more and more. Forced enjoyment and spending.

Saying that it's good to see your fam however annoying they may be 👍.

I'm not drinking Christmas day as driving. Hopefully it's bright and sunny so can get the roof down on the car.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Beany wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:54 pm It's been so long since I've worked in a non 24hour cover business that I'm reading about you lot having all this time off and in getting jealous
I’m working XMas eve so I feel you! After that I’m headed off oop North to the folks for a couple of days... which tbh I am dreading. Mum has been getting progressively more drunk and forgetful over the last 18 months and I hate to think what is waiting for me at home. After that at least I have 2 nights in a hotel with the Mrs to look forward to!