Christmas - what ya doing?

drcarlos

Re: Christmas - what ya doing?

Post by drcarlos »

Rich B wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:34 am
- uplift mtb at Forest of Dean
We've loosely mentioned that if we get some dry and cold weather we may go to BPW for a day. I can't see the weather complying at the moment though.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:14 am
Rich B wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:34 am
- uplift mtb at Forest of Dean
We've loosely mentioned that if we get some dry and cold weather we may go to BPW for a day. I can't see the weather complying at the moment though.
we always choose FoD for our Xmas ride because its rideable whatever the weather. BPW is ok in most weathers too, but it tends to get snowed in when the rest of the country barely has a single snowflake.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Getting drunk and watching Cats is the main highlight 😎👌
Beany

Post by Beany »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:14 pm Getting drunk and watching Cats is the main highlight 😎👌
Hopefully the stage musical, not the film, right?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Cornwall for 5 nights. 8-)

So lunch on Mon (crispy whole fried sea bream yes please!) and some drinkies. Xmas eve at the beach and then pub on the way back. Xmas day chilling and might go for a walk. Boxing Day yet to be decided. Then back to fit in visits to in-laws and siblings, before vegging right out.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Three week furlough for me. Single-ish again this year so this first week has been spent doing bits of shopping, lounging around, watching boxsets etc and generally doing what the fuck I like. Most people I've spoken to (married/kids/still working) have said this sounds amazing but tbh I'm bored as fuck and annoyed I've not made better use of the time. I blame the weather.

Off up to parents on Monday for Christmas along with my brothers and their families. Got a couple of options for Boxing Day and NY.

Other than that, I'll mainly be keeping an eye on Rev's family Christmas.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

We'll be at home until the 27th then off to my sister's place in South Wales for a couple of nights, back home in time for New Year. Looking forward to doing very little except watch Dave's Facebook page on an hourly basis...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

240PP wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:31 pm Other than that, I'll mainly be keeping an eye on Rev's family Christmas.
Needs filming/live streaming. With [mention]Beany[/mention] Directing.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:26 pm
speedingfine wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:14 pm Getting drunk and watching Cats is the main highlight 😎👌
I’d rather spend the entire Christmas period with my BIL than watch either :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:43 pm
I’d rather spend the entire Christmas period with my BIL than watch either :lol:
Well, this, but the reviews for the film are scathing....
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:08 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:43 pm
Well, this, but the reviews for the film are scathing....
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

TBH we’re going to get fucked up and watch it when I can get a decent stream.

It looks so bad that it’ll probably be funny. Like Showgirls or something.
An absolute unit
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:17 pm TBH we’re going to get fucked up and watch it when I can get a decent stream.

It looks so bad that it’ll probably be funny. Like Showgirls or something.
This is my theory. I shall report back.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Tomorrow we've got the in-laws over for a completely vegan Christmas meal, if you discount the five kilos of meat I plan to cook, then heading down to theirs for Christmas eve and staying until the Saturday. It is the first Christmas after they've both retired as vicars, so it'll be unstressed.

After we get back my entire family will arrive for NY celebrations. Then work starts again on the 2nd.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
GG.

Post by GG. »

Christmas Day at ours with my in-laws and BIL. Likely less eventful than Rev's. My in-laws tend to get under my wife's skin rather than mine on the whole :lol:

At some point after Boxing Day we'll all decamp to Oxford where I can have a go at removing the rest of the tread on my 10 year old winters in the Cotswold countryside :D Then back to London for New Years with my family coming to visit us from Yorkshire.

Nothing too exciting - main aim is to extricate myself from work as much as possible. I've nominally been off since yesterday but haven't succeeded in getting away from my laptop long enough to do anything more than go for lunch out with the boy so far. :?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Exciting update...... :lol:

Turns out we are off to church Christmas Eve, apparently they involve the kids in a very non Jesus focused Christmas play of sorts and then everyone goes to the pub, perfect.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Parents always host everyone and I always make hot smoked salmon outside regardless of the weather. Will be nice to kick back and chill at home worry free for the first time in years, maybe just sit back and drink some booze whilst observing the goats. Give the cars a good wash and help swap the 4x4s onto winter/mud tyres. Kick back in the evening in front of the fireplace watching tv with the dawg snoring on my lap - bliss.
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Hope you have a good one Mito... you deserve it..👍🏻
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Just out of the window, I hope.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I've been off sick with a horrendous cold and sore throat for the last 3 days. It's been quite stressful and eventful this year. I've got my oldest two with me until christmas lunch where I drop them at ExWife1 and then go to ExWife2's to spend christmas afternoon with my youngest.

Before that, I've got Xmas eve with all 3 kids and a family party with my relatives and star Wars at some point when my face doesn't feel like it's full of gravel.
Banal Vapid Platitudes