Supercar experience days.

Zonda_

Supercar experience days.

Post by Zonda_ »

Does anyone have any recommendations? I’ve looked at a couple but you only get 2 laps in the car, is this normal?
scotta

Re: Supercar experience days.

Post by scotta »

The one I did at Croft was good...that was now 12 years ago though.
mik

Post by mik »

2-3laps seems to be the norm. More an experience than a drive. I got a basic one as a chrimbo present last year - took eldest miklet to drive instead. He drove a Hurucan and an Elise for 3 laps each and was a bit frustrated - both times he felt he was called in just at the point where he was ready to do a proper lap. Loads of punters just pootle long around though at veryslow mph.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Yep, normal. They want to minimise risk, both from idiots crashing or cars blowing up.

Had a voucher for my 40th, went to Dunsfold, drove a few cars for a very brief period, went home. It’s for people to say they’ve driven things and buy one of the photos to show off at home.

Palmersport is the obvious exception - good long sessions in well prepared cars with instructors who just want you to go faster and faster. But it’s really expensive (geared towards corporate days) and probably even more so in the 10 years since I went.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

The porsche experience centre was good when I went out in a 911 for 2 hours (about £300, mix of fast laps, gravel, standing starts, etc). They do 911 turbos I think but it is a fair bit dearer.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Years ago I had one at Silverstone in a Pug 306 and really enjoyed it - good instructor who encouraged me to push the car and get it a bit out of shape too.

A few years ago I had one at Dunsfold too (as a leaving present) - drove a 911 Turbo and Arial Atom.

The former just to see what it was like and the later because it was silly and probably more different to anything I'd driven previously.

I enjoyed it - especially the Atom which was a blast and a real experience.