What not to say when pulled over......

jamcg

What not to say when pulled over......

Post by jamcg »

Sorry I thought you wanted a race

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-50433921

And he only got a caution :roll: :roll:
Beany

Re: What not to say when pulled over......

Post by Beany »

For fucks sake. He should have at least got a black bag job for being that utterly fucking stupid.

And the regional chief constable thinks that'll set an example?

Sack the useless cunt.

Edit: I like it how near every dim cunt on twitter is sucking his cock for being a Chief Constable who doesn't just sit at his desk, but yet no-one is questioning the ticking off the driver got for deciding 'OH THIS CUNT WANTS A RACE EH?'

Fucking retards.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Anyway, apparently it is what to say, because no cunt will actually do you for it.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I can only think there was a lack of evidence to prosecute, but I can't understand the reasoning behind posting it. :?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Bit of an odd one, wtf does “rather excitable driving” even mean? There’s no mention of speeding or dangerous driving or tailgating.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:21 pm Bit of an odd one, wtf does “rather excitable driving” even mean? There’s no mention of speeding or dangerous driving or tailgating.
If I recall there is a catch all offence the police can use on the lines of driving in a manner that the police deam you need to be nicked for, AGT law on PH explained it, but it’s rarely used. When I had my R32 I was stopped by a senior plod in northants in an unmarked car so I wonder if there is an expectation in that force that they all are proactive? He had me banged to rights for undertaking white van in lane 3 that wouldn’t pull over but apart from a lengthy stop nothing came from it.
Join us, join the Teslarati!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Mr Pish wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:15 am
Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:21 pm Bit of an odd one, wtf does “rather excitable driving” even mean? There’s no mention of speeding or dangerous driving or tailgating.
If I recall there is a catch all offence the police can use on the lines of driving in a manner that the police deam you need to be nicked for, AGT law on PH explained it, but it’s rarely used. When I had my R32 I was stopped by a senior plod in northants in an unmarked car so I wonder if there is an expectation in that force that they all are proactive? He had me banged to rights for undertaking white van in lane 3 that wouldn’t pull over but apart from a lengthy stop nothing came from it.
I think you’re talking about a “section 59”?

“Section 59 allows the police to give drivers a warning if they are reported to have used their vehicle in a manner which causes ‘alarm, distress or annoyance’”

Get 2 s59 warnings in 12 months and your car can be confiscated. They’re controversial because the police can hand them out and there doesn’t appear to be much you can do about it. Unlike a FPN for say speeding, you can’t elect to go to court. Basically, if the copper decides it, you’re stuck with it.

“ A section 59 Notice itself is not a criminal conviction. Accordingly, there is no recognised route of appeal to challenge an officer’s decision to issue such notice. Thus, the only way to do so is by way of Judicial Review proceedings. However, this involves an expensive application, and proceedings, before the High Court, which is usually deemed disproportionate to the prevailing circumstances.”

A guy I used to know got a s59 from a copper whose ex-girlfriend he just happened to be shagging. The aggrieved copper gave him the s59 for apparently accelerating hard up the high street. He wasn’t pulled over for it at the time, he received the notice in the post. The tale may well be apocryphal, though.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

So if a copper doesn’t like you for some reason and he spots you twice in 12 months he can issue you with two S59’s and confiscate your car just because he feels like making life awkward for you?

Good job spotting a traffic cop once in 3 years is about the norm!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

Yeah that was it Rev S59
Join us, join the Teslarati!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hmm, it’s odd then that they give out out asbos in Chelsea for idiots who keep revving their cars. S59 sounds much more appropriate.
How about not having a sig at all?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:15 pm Hmm, it’s odd then that they give out out asbos in Chelsea for idiots who keep revving their cars. S59 sounds much more appropriate.
If they confiscated their cars then there would be no more car to rev, so no more fines to dish out, so less money coming in